i phone 4s for 10k?

The surprise followed by the shock! :D Almost everyone unaware of the contract model in the US gets super excited seeing throw away prices, and then lands with a thud when they realise there are things like contract, ETF, and factory unlocked. :p

hahaha.. i thought the same dude!!!!! BUT i was wrong..

Yes it is contract price.. with the sad news of jobs i thought there might be a iphone firesale :(:)

Anyways.. its $649 unlocked!

raksrules said:
I am not sure but the 4S is both GSM as well as CDMA right ?

But the unlocked model seems to be only GSM as per apple's website.

Dont know about the Apple site, but AFAIK, it is both CDMA/GSM. Maybe time to recheck specs.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This offer will never come in India, as according to all the telecom companies, there is no way of verification of the person + penalising them if he/she skips on the contract. IMO total BS.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

From Apple's website:

Apple - iPhone 4S - Technical Specifications

World phone

UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz);

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)

802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)

Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

CDMA available only if iPhone 4S is sold and activated for use on a CDMA network.

^^What really ??

Dumb aajtak people do not even have the keenness to check the details before telecasting the news and moreover this contract is not something new so they should have been aware about it.

Btw never mind, it is aaj tak :facepalm:

jainanshal said:
This is exactly how Aaj tak was showing it yesterday in their news brief (with no mention of contract). Wify got super excited, had to calm her down after by telling the actual price!!

It happens mate, the only reason Aaj Tak gave out incomplete info was because they were holding it wrong!

Stuff aside, keep away from "sensational" news channels....

I was surfing thru channels when i stumbled upon it, they displayed prices of all three variants by converting their contract prices in INR. Even i was like WTF!!
People not very aware will be totally misguided by this, as was my wife.. but her reaction was hilarious, she was ready to pay then n there :rofl:

Back