I think we should rent a CS: Source server

Rave

ex-Mod
Well, now after seeing all the effort we( me and funky to be exact :p ) were putting to set up a dedicated css server, i think we should rent a server.

I did a research about it and realised that the rates are in SGD (singapore dollar), 1 SGD = 26 INR

refer this for the rates am mentioning, quite affordable i must say and will bring tons of publicity

http://www.sgwargames.net/main/modules.php?name=Order&sid=6

Think we shud rent a 12 or 16 ppl server
12 ppl server costs 30 SG$ per month, that is about 780 ruppes
and a 16 ppl server costs 40 SG$

- Server Name: sgWarGames.net - ClanName
- Server IP: 203.81.39.*:270**
- RCON access
- FREE Clan forums at sgwargames forums (Optional)
- FREE 1 x 5MB email account ClanName@sgwargames.net (Optional)

if u want that sgwargames server tag removed, an additional 5 sgd will be charged it seems.

plz refer the above link and decide upon it, am sure this will bring lots of publicity to our site, and nothing wrong in giving it a try ;)

and on a side note, we tried a server today, 128k too less for more than 4 ppl :O

so funky is getting a 256 dedicated line tommorow, we'll try on that and see how it goes..

ok, here are a few screenshots that i took sometime back, notice the suffix IND before everyone's name? all are indians, and a couple of more were there who were acting like jackasses and did not use that IND suffix

and and i am skiiping frames in it, coz my game was doing exactly that :p

dont forget to view both of the attachments

blade_runner said:
Gr8 idea rave ! repped u for it :)
yeah...gr8 idea for CSS crazy gamers like Rave...:p
what abt us? anyways, funds are a problem :eek:hyeah:
if u gamers are willing to contribute, we don mind ;)

about 800 bux, so if 8 ppl come together and contribute, 100 bux is a no biggie for me..

currenty experimenting with our own server, lets see

OK guys. I have done all inquiry.
Also went ahead so the order page and i noticed a flaw.
The $30 registration does not provide FTP access to server to upload files.
Thats gona be one pain in @$$.
I know that bcoz i am running a server for 2 days and i had to configure it manually every single time.
you need to change the files. Otherwise server experience is not gona be good.
And the premium hosting is $60. Exactly double cost which provides this facility.
Which will ensure we get what maps we want and when we want.
And they only do online bank transfer. And the bank dosent support international bank transfer. I just checked that too.

yeah.
I am in contact with my cousine. His US based friend runs this exact business. He has servers all over world. Combine BW of 50Gbps. They are gona provide us a demo tomorrow of few servers.
i will post the IPs here. Guys please spare the time and try them if possible and report your pings.
I am exhausted now. Spent 40 hours of last 48 trying to tweak the server i am running.
I am gona get some rest :)

y u guys want to waste money. u want to setup a server u should have just told me. i can get the server setup on either kawabonka or fragshack. but i need a guarantee of someplayers who will be playing on the server. may it be day or night any time. i cant setup server & have only 4-5 ppl playing in a day totally.

if yall want the server setup. let me know, ill get it done.

if server is good with good pings and popular maps then it will get filled, be it us or someone else.
I had great pings on saturday evening and it got filled up soo fast.
The problem with kawa servers that i observed in past is unreliability and they were not visible on the steam. And its not about the money. Its about having a server with nice and low pings that you can control as you want and play with your friends with the maps that you like :)
There are already 1000s of servers out there. But having your own community server is a different thing.

having a server on eother kawa or FS is a gr8 idea...but wht u forget is tht people from delhi get bad pings to FS and people from mumbai and around get bad pings to kawa......
this would result in low number of players as no 1 will play on high ping..

that is going to be the case with any isp in india icefusion. the prob with isps in india is that they dont have proper routing. half the isps within india routes from singapore london usa & then comes back to india.

Back