Android I wish Nokia still made phones like this

sid41299

Disciple
I know the title could be a bit self-serving, but I just had to show this here:

CWhvnhD.png

This is my three-year-old Nokia 6.1 that fell off a bike (and barrel rolled a few times for good measure!), the screen came loose, and then got ran over by another bike, but it's still 99% usable, just absolutely refuses to die. Really one of the last good Nokia phones. It'll be a sad day when I have to replace it.

Its a myth that people are still inclined to the old nokia.
Here's my exp.
I have smashed and banged or even say manhandled my redmi phone in anger on walls, tables or xyz surfaces or here and there and even one of my family little ones tossed and played it as a ball with his bat!
The only damage occurred was the gorilla glass screen protection broke only from one corner and rest the phone is still working been 1.5yrs now and no issues whatsoever.

So there's a huge diff. between accident fall and deliberately smashing it as the later involves lot of energy ad force which can literally break open any phone into pieces..

Here's my exp.
I have smashed and banged or even say manhandled my redmi phone in anger on walls, tables or xyz surfaces or here and there and even one of my family little ones tossed and played it as a ball with his bat!
The only damage occurred was the gorilla glass screen protection broke only from one corner and rest the phone is still working been 1.5yrs now and no issues whatsoever.

So there's a huge diff. between accident fall and deliberately smashing it as the later involves lot of energy ad force which can literally break open any phone into pieces..
which model for Redmi?

They still make good hardware but the internals are not cutting edge.
I know the title could be a bit self-serving, but I just had to show this here:

CWhvnhD.png

This is my three-year-old Nokia 6.1 that fell off a bike (and barrel rolled a few times for good measure!), the screen came loose, and then got ran over by another bike, but it's still 99% usable, just absolutely refuses to die. Really one of the last good Nokia phones. It'll be a sad day when I have to replace it.

Check the Nokia XR20. Their rugged phone. Tried it a few times, pretty solid

They still make good hardware but the internals are not cutting edge.

Check the Nokia XR20. Their rugged phone. Tried it a few times, pretty solid

Very cool, but this is a purpose-built rugged phone.

Mine however, is not, which just staggers me
Here's my exp.

That's pretty impressive for a plastic frame! Maybe it has a metal mid-plate?

That being said, I'd still put your Note 7 Pro in the "not cutting corners" tier. My post was not aimed towards brands specifically, but the tendency of modern smartphone design to cut corners with aspects like build quality (cough cough OnePlus cough cough), and basic features like a built-in magnetometer or a headphone jack, leave alone trying to engineer a device with any semblance of ergonomics.

Case-in-point, my sister's Moto G40 Fusion. A giant plastic toy built around a 6000mAh battery that was designed by one engineer working part-time whose glass can't survive a 1 foot drop with a case and cost 13K. Sure, it has a Snapdragon 732G and a 120Hz screen, but what's the use when it starts thermal throttling during the drop in the first match of Apex? And did I mention it doesn't have NFC or a compass function?

Last edited:
Hardware/handsets that are mfg/released after June 2020 are not TOP NOTCH QUALITY but ok ok type due to price cutting and various factors (India-China Issue/Covid Restrictions etc. etc)

don't understand what STOP Nokia to be a good/popular handset makers they had with Symbian.. why can't they make POPULAR phone with android?

don't understand what STOP Nokia to be a good/popular handset makers they had with Symbian.. why can't they make POPULAR phone with android?
you can look at this video for what happened.
The present nokia isn’t what nokia was. Most of the staff left it long ago, presently hmd global bought the company. But nokia is lost long ago.

My 5700 wants to have a word. Still rocking the original 128MB SD card and BP-5M battery from 2008.

Attachments

• 5700 F.jpg
    5700 F.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 5700 B.jpg
    5700 B.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 72
Because they refused to get on the android bandwagon. They chose windows mobile

This is not unusual. Companies that have an edge in one tech getting blindsided or too stubborn to embrace disruptive tech that appears out of nowhere.

Microsoft has moved on

Back