Car & Bike i10 Magna or Ford Figo ZXi

sg3707

Adept
Hi Everyone,

My brother in law is gonna buy a new car. He is confused between the above two models.

i10 Magna - 4.9 Lakhs
Ford Figo ZXi - 4.83 Lakhs

Since this is their first car they have no practical knowledge. Please help us in choosing a good car.

What would be the requirements?

Looks are subjective, I like the interiors of the i10 and the exterior of the Figo. However, the i10 Kappa has a peppy engine, great for the city, and decent on highways.

Also, A.S.S for Hyundai is far better than that of Figo.

Requirements: Driving within the city would be less. Usually used for Long drives during the weekends.

Budget below 5 Lakhs

Priority will be given to Low maintanance, solid car.

From these 2... Hyundai.. ASS is just too nice, cheaper to maintain.

but long drives... i10 may not be the best one...

I have one and i hate the seats..just too hard for me. well my butt was used to nice seats in sedans my father owns.. so maybe getting used to things i can afford comes at a cost. :S

Ford Figo is better value for money, its big and spacious, very comfortable. Figo ZXI is packed with features for a very good price. Just took a TD yesterday and driving was comfortable and fun. Although reviews suggest the fuel economy to be on the lower side, ~11 in city and ~14-15 on highway.

Both are good cars, with the i10 ahead as a 'complete package' if ASS and resale value also are taken into consideration.

If resale however does not figure in the priority list, go for the one which most of the frequent users (driver + passengers) of the vehicle are inclined.

sg3707 said:
Hi Everyone,

My brother in law is gonna buy a new car. He is confused between the above two models.

i10 Magna - 4.9 Lakhs

Ford Figo ZXi - 4.83 Lakhs

Since this is their first car they have no practical knowledge. Please help us in choosing a good car.
Is this On Road price? As the Ex showroom price for 1.2 Titanium is around 4.43L in Delhi.

I liked Figo better over i10 considering my big build :p just loved the Black car and Red interiors :)

Please buy this months Top Gear India edition magazine and may be you will have reason to buy Ford Figo.Nice and fair comparison done there..Dont miss the issue.

I find the i10 too cramped for a city drive itself...and I have a zen. An i20 would probably be a better choice. Hyundai cars, in my opinion have lovely soft suspension, good NVH(i.e. less noise in cabin), are more VFM and come backed up with a good service network. The only issue is to me is handling. I've tried the i10 and Verna and really hate how they handle.

Back