Car & Bike i10 or Ritz ??

Mohit

Skilled
Confused between the following two:

1. Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Magna - Approx on road price is 4.43 lacs

2. Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi - Approx on road price is 4.65 lacs

Which one do you guys suggest? And anything else in this price bracket?

1. Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Magna

+engine refinement

+performance

-high speed stability

Great for City driving

2. Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi

+Space, Comfort

+cheap spares

+high speed stability

-engine refinement when compared to i10

Great for Highways

Mohit said:
I am not talking about the Diesel engine here dude :S

Please check the model.

And the car will not be used on highways at all. Just city driving.

i10

+ engine quality/refinement

+ Low tyre noise

+ Very silent

+ very compact

- Fat "A" pillars block view and can be annoying

Handling: You may shift to alloys incase you are race-oriented.

Ritz

+ Space

+ Handling (big tyres on the model specified)

+ Reworked "A" pillar and side glass to provide better visibility

- Somewhat bulky for the city

My vote goes to i10 then.

For you i10 seems a better choice. Plus most people like the interiors better than the Ritz.

A-star,great city car with very good milage.

I'm getting 16-18 kmpl in city and 22+ on highway with AC on.

Go for maruti both A-star or Ritz (petrol) both have brand new K series engine.

G33kgod said:
wat bout Punto ???

I think only the 1.2 petrol version of the Punto will be in my budget. Is it good?

jissein said:
A-star,great city car with very good milage.

I'm getting 16-18 kmpl in city and 22+ on highway with AC on.

Go for maruti both A-star or Ritz (petrol) both have brand new K series engine.

Found A-star to be compromised on interiors. Did not like the fit and finish. Hence, considering only the Ritz or i10.

thetoxicmind said:
The Hyundai i10 is perfect for city driving !

Have you also considered the Grande Punto ?

How is the 1.2 petrol Punto? That is the only one in my budget I guess.

I just got i10 sportz and did the test drive of both i10 and ritz. I was more inclined to maruti for the service network, but after the test ride, I felt that i10 is smoother, stable and good suspension compared to ritz.
also, the i10 looks good compared to ritz (though this is my personal view).
I have upgraded to 14" HRS alloys and yokohoma A drive rubber and ride is more stable and excellent handling.
even, I felt that i10 is good for highway driving as I recently did 400kms highway ride..and it was comfortable and stable.

tech4pk said:
I just got i10 sportz and did the test drive of both i10 and ritz. I was more inclined to maruti for the service network, but after the test ride, I felt that i10 is smoother, stable and good suspension compared to ritz.
also, the i10 looks good compared to ritz (though this is my personal view).
I have upgraded to 14" HRS alloys and yokohoma A drive rubber and ride is more stable and excellent handling.
even, I felt that i10 is good for highway driving as I recently did 400kms highway ride..and it was comfortable and stable.

i10 is really sad handling - the steering is totally dead. Its a common trait of all non d-segment hyundai cars. The steering feels totally disconnected from the ground. The i10 rolls pretty bad thru corners as well because of its tall stance.

Mohit if I were you, i'd still get the Swift VXi or if you can tolerate tata service then the Palio 1.6. However I'm talking from an enthusiast point of view. If you want something to get you from point A to point B in comfort, you'd wanna get the i10. Ritz looks really fugly.

Chaos said:
i10 is really sad handling - the steering is totally dead. Its a common trait of all non d-segment hyundai cars. The steering feels totally disconnected from the ground. The i10 rolls pretty bad thru corners as well because of its tall stance.

Mohit if I were you, i'd still get the Swift VXi or if you can tolerate tata service then the Palio 1.6. However I'm talking from an enthusiast point of view. If you want something to get you from point A to point B in comfort, you'd wanna get the i10. Ritz looks really fugly.

Yea its true that i10 isnt a great handler.. but the low tyre noise, soft suspension, comfortable ride are the other side of the coin :) And swift cant be a choice because of low mileage, higher price and still lesser refinement than i10

And like i said, incase you want to be race-oriented, then Alloys will solve the handling issue (As also proven by a post above)

EDIT: Chaos, whats the price of Swift Vxi?

sato1986 said:
Yea its true that i10 isnt a great handler.. but the low tyre noise, soft suspension, comfortable ride are the other side of the coin :) And swift cant be a choice because of low mileage, higher price and still lesser refinement than i10

And like i said, incase you want to be race-oriented, then Alloys will solve the handling issue (As also proven by a post above)

EDIT: Chaos, whats the price of Swift Vxi?

Yea alloys will solve handling? :rofl:.

Chaos said:

Chaos dada, this car will be used in the city only. No racing or even highways :p

Fiat Palio 1.6 will get me really bad service and I do not want to take a risk with it. And the Swift VXi is expensive and later this year it will get an engine change too. So doesn't make sense of getting one now.

I think I the i10 is my best bet. Thanks everyone for the inputs.

thetoxicmind said:

The Carwale link has compared the i10 1.1 it seems as the 1.2 has 80 PS. And the other reviews also dont show the 1.2 Punto to be great. No remote locking, central locking, body coloured handles even. And its more expensive than the i10 1.2 too.

By the way, getting the i10 on Monday and its costing 4.43 lacs here on-road (including RTO, Insurance, Teflon coating, Number plate and Extended warranty of 3 years) and the dealer is giving me a Pioneer audio unit with 4 Pioneer speakers, a seat cover, matting and mud flaps with it for free. Also will be getting around 8-10k as refund from Hyundai for taking the new car in the same name as my old Zen.

Mohit said:
The Carwale link has compared the i10 1.1 it seems as the 1.2 has 80 PS. And the other reviews also dont show the 1.2 Punto to be great. No remote locking, central locking, body coloured handles even. And its more expensive than the i10 1.2 too.

By the way, getting the i10 on Monday and its costing 4.43 lacs here on-road (including RTO, Insurance, Teflon coating, Number plate and Extended warranty of 3 years) and the dealer is giving me a Pioneer audio unit with 4 Pioneer speakers, a seat cover, matting and mud flaps with it for free. Also will be getting around 8-10k as refund from Hyundai for taking the new car in the same name as my old Zen.

Just a bunch of links I came across.

Anyways, glad your getting the i10.

She's a looker and perfect for city driving ! :p

Ritz is a nice car, the looks are a bit radical at first, but you'l come to love it..

The interiors are awesome , just the at they are in regular colours unlike the i10. Its tall and very spacious, once you get used to this sort of comfort you'l be spoiled for life..

The car is sturdy and has good mileage.And remember 5yrs down the line i10 wil have less that half the resale value of the Ritz..

Back