CPU/Mobo i3 4130 or fx 6300

Without sounding like a nag (and no need to reply to this)

Like I said, it is the usage that you should dwell on. This would not be an issue if you are a regular desktop user.

Visualise going through the routine of switching on the mains, then the UPS, then the power switch, dealing with the power strip and the multiple wires and cables, and not to forget the whining noise of the fans, and the bulk of the cabinet occupying your table real estate and the fact that you are chained to that table - EVERYTIME you use a desktop. It can be quite a show stopper if you have gotten used to the freedom of using a laptop.

Yes, you will get better parts in the desktop but using it has a "committment cost" which is worth considering. And Rs. 60000 will get you a laptop that will perform a world apart from your present one, leaving little scope for dissatisfaction.

All that pain reduces to nothing once you start using the machine. I have 4 desktops and two laptops at home and everytime I need to do some serious work (coding, photoshop, documents), guess where I end up doing it. Try writing code on a laptop screen for any reasonable time without squinting. You'll get frustrated sooner than later thanks to the ergonomics.

Back