CPU/Mobo i5 2500k high temps problem

Devan232

Disciple
With C1E disabled(no overclocking,its auto disabled by BIOS), my temps are high(60-65C on idle) and freezing my pc. When I enable C1E, the temps are lower(50-60 C on idle) and the freezes lower down. Within 3 minutes of Prime95 testing, my temps are reaching 80C which is very odd. What could be wrong? Should I check if the thermal paste is applied properly?

^^ Check first if the Heat Sink Fan package is properly slotted on the processor, any pictures of the interiors of your cabinet will be very beneficial for further diagnosis, Sire.

Also Sire, please list out the rest of your configuration.

Damn, very odd! I would say the same, please post some pictures of the setup inside your cabby. Try resetting the bios too.

You say you checked the heat sink and it is fine , what do you mean by that ?

If the heatsink budges when you try to move it instead of it feeling tight and trying to move it bends the board slightly thats when you know all 4 pins have locked correctly. To make sure and save a lot of time take the board out unless your case has a provision cut out and you can see the heat sink pins from behind. You should be able to see the black pins in the middle of the white plastic in all 4 cases.

This is 99.9% the reason for your symptoms check double check this before you come to a conclusion that this is not the problem.

Checked heatsink and thermal paste, all are connected properly but I am still getting very high temps from my processor. And as soon as I disabled C1E(disabled by BIOS by default) my pc starts freezing. I would recommend everyone NOT to buy from SMC international Delhi, they sell you faulty products, especially to new customers..I will never buy any of my computer hardware from SMC again and I recommend everyone NOT to buy from them.

Screenshot(After playing Crysis 2 for 10-15 minutes)- going up to 86 C which is terrible!

dffsdsfdsfdsdfsdf.jpg

Instead of making such vague statements i think you should contact smc... I am pretty sure smc wouldn't like to loose a valuable customer... TBH SMC is one of the best pc peripherals store in India... I am sure if you would contact smc they wouldn't really hesitate to resolve your problem and if you can, take the cpu along with the mobo to their store... if during inspection they find any component faulty between these two then they would replace it on the spot... Most pc peripherals shops provide 7 days on the spot replacement warranty and i am pretty sure smc provides this service too...

Devan232 said:
Checked heatsink and thermal paste, all are connected properly but I am still getting very high temps from my processor. And as soon as I disabled C1E(disabled by BIOS by default) my pc starts freezing. I would recommend everyone NOT to buy from SMC international Delhi, they sell you faulty products, especially to new customers..I will never buy any of my computer hardware from SMC again and I recommend everyone NOT to buy from them.

Screenshot(After playing Crysis 2 for 10-15 minutes)- going up to 86 C which is terrible!

dffsdsfdsfdsdfsdf.jpg

Have you tried calling them up, Sire?

What about the fanspeed? when i enabled fan speed control on my Dh67bl,the rpm wont go above 1008 no matter what the temps.Disabling it solved the issue.

Just went to one of the technicians and they said that my motherboard is faulty. They reapplied the thermal paste and still the temps were 60+ at idle. Infact one of the motherboard slots were faulty too..I would strongly recommend not to buy from SMC International as they sell faulty hardware to new customers intentionally

Back