CPU/Mobo i5 2500k question?

nikhilarya

Disciple
i recently bought i5 2500k. Temperatures are high at idle and at load. Therefore i'll buy hyper cooler 212 plus in few days.i just wanted to ask that
1. do i have to remove the procc. Fan and heatsink(if yes what do i do with them ) to install 212 plus
2 . I read somewhere that its possible to install two fans (212 and i5 fan both ) is it possible.
3 i'll be buying from smc int. So would they apply thermal paste for free or i'll have to buy it (if yes which one )
My room is very hot all the time (college hostel ) therefore cpu temp. Are high.
Also i apologize if i posted in wrong forum.

1. You don't have to remove the processor. Just clean the old thermal goop off with some clinical spirit using a cloth.

2. Not possible. I think the Hyper 212 bundles 2 fans. Then why would you want the stock fan anyway?

3. The 212+ bundles a tube of Coolermaster's thermal paste. Should suffice.

The thermal paste bundled with CM HSF's is crap (at least that was how it was earlier). Use it only as a last resort. Get a decent paste like the Sunbeam TX-4 or even the TX-3 separately.

Gannu said:
1. You don't have to remove the processor. Just clean the old thermal goop off with some clinical spirit using a cloth.

2. Not possible. I think the Hyper 212 bundles 2 fans. Then why would you want the stock fan anyway?

3. The 212+ bundles a tube of Coolermaster's thermal paste. Should suffice.

The Hyper 212+ bundles a single 120mm Blade Master in the package, not two. The bundled thermal paste is silcone based, decent for stock clocks, but for over-clock needs good paste like Sunbeam TX-3

nikhilarya said:
i recently bought i5 2500k. Temperatures are high at idle and at load. Therefore i'll buy hyper cooler 212 plus in few days.i just wanted to ask that
1. do i have to remove the procc. Fan and heatsink(if yes what do i do with them ) to install 212 plus
2 . I read somewhere that its possible to install two fans (212 and i5 fan both ) is it possible.
3 i'll be buying from smc int. So would they apply thermal paste for free or i'll have to buy it (if yes which one )
My room is very hot all the time (college hostel ) therefore cpu temp. Are high.
Also i apologize if i posted in wrong forum.
2) You can't install another fan on the stock Intel cooler, on the Hyper 212+ you can get another 120mm fan (with good CFM value Cubic foot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and put the cooler in a Push-Pull configuration. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolermaster_hyper_212_plus/

3) Thermal paste comes with the stock cooler in the form of a Thermal Pad at the copper base of the stock Intel / AMD heat-sink fan (HSF) solution. If your reapplying the TIM for the first time, you'll find this helpful -- Guide - How TIM Works & How To Apply It Correctly | bit-tech.net.

@Lord Nemesis, it is not that bad now, atleast for a year.

Hope this helped.

Back