Budget 21-30k i5 based system

Madhav123

Recruit
Hello,

I'm building PC to use some 3D design software(ProE) , recommended configuration includes i5 processor, 32GB RAM (Min 8 GB).
I'm thinking of following configuration (CPU cost < 30k )

1. Core - Intel i5 3450
2. Motherboard - DB75EN
3. 8 GB DDR3 Transcend RAM
4. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB hard Disk
5. LG internal DVD writer

PCI and PCI-E both slots are must (this MB has got PCIe 2.0 slot, any other option with PCIE 3.0 & PCI slot)

Though Transcend RAM is so popular, I have never seen it recommended on any forum
Can I use Cabinet + Power supply (450W) of brand like Enter or VIP, costs around Rs 1500-1800 and comes with 3 year warranty.
I'm looking for some "expert advice", thanks in advance.

Regards,
Madhav

What you have been suggested is one generation old,instead buy this.....

Intel Core i5-4430

Asus B85-PLUS

Gskill 8GB F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD / WD Black 1 TB

Samsung /Asus/Liteon DVD writer - Avoid LG.

Avoid run of the mill Cabinets and PSU which will only increase heat and bad PSU will fail hardware. Better get a NZXT Gamma for Rs 2300 and a Antec VP450P for rs 2700 as a PSU if you want to add a GPU later or else you are good with a Corsair VS 450 for Rs 2200.

Thank you very much for your prompt response and all the valuable information.
The company where I work is a multinational (software) company and in all the machines PSU used are low cost, not branded PSUs , also cabinets are not branded cabinets.
I have rarely seen machine failures, do I really need to invest 5k Cabinet + PSU.

Thanks & Regards,
Madhav

If its a multinational ,its very obvious that they are supported either by HP or Dell and the likes. WHat about your company?

>> If its a multinational ,its very obvious that they are supported either by HP or Dell and the likes. WHat about your company?
:(
I'll check why my company is not buying Hp or dell machines, may be that's why they take data backup so frequently.

But my point is... these so called cheap power supplies are quite popular (irrespective of my company).
Is this gross rejection of cheap PSU is based on some kind of test data or it's the conclusion derived from personal experiences.

No multinational company choses "quality components" - eg PSU's [Seasonic; Corsair; Antec; Cooler Master]; or Cabinets [Corsair; Cooler Master; Antec; BitFenix; NZXT] of reputed & established brands or even RAM [G.Skill; Corsair; Mushkin] as these would increase their overheads considerably. This is especially applicable for the common pc-systems that their staff uses. However in their Server Rooms you will find quality components. The longevity & stability of these desktops are very limited. Running them in an AC environment takes care of the drawbacks of these systems - poor cabinet build/air-flow. Also a powerful & very expensive UPS (commercial use) takes care of voltage issues. Now some of these external factors cannot be duplicated at home.

Even if you look inside an HP or Dell common desktop systems [not the premium builds] - you will rarely find components of the above brands.

There is a reason why on TE we never recommend el-cheapo brands as the failure rate is very high - if you skimp on a PSU, you run the risk of damaging ALL the remaining components in your system [cpu, motherboard, gpu, ram]. Same is the case for a cabinet - where proper air-flow/cooling/ventilation is bad.

Back