Budget 51-70k i5 laptop for 50K and 20K Netbook

Guys in a very unique situation. I need an i5 laptop capable on daily normal usage and HD video playback prefer 14 to 16 incher.

Netbook I have no idea, just the budget, but the usage will pretty much not exceed anything but normal movie, browsing and word/excel/powerpoint.

I need both under 70K

HERE IS THE UNIQUE PART:

Due to some constraints, the laptop price should be bumped up to 70k and the netbook should technically be free with it (cooking the bill basically).

Get Samsung p550p5c as your main machine as this machine provides ones of the best config in the price bracket. What size netbook do you want? I'll suggest you to have a look at Asus U32U, it will increase your budget by 4-5k though. I have it and its a beauty to own. Nobody will get a feel that the netbook is worth free :p

Get Samsung p550p5c as your main machine as this machine provides ones of the best config in the price bracket. What size netbook do you want? I'll suggest you to have a look at Asus U32U, it will increase your budget by 4-5k though. I have it and its a beauty to own. Nobody will get a feel that the netbook is worth free :p

Doesnt really matter about the notebook. The bill goes to the bank and they dont give a damn :p and thnx for the recommendation. ANything cheaper in netbooks?

size isnt the issue, I need the best processing power and battery life in that limit...

You can get a 14" i3. Ok with it? Or something smaller (as you said netbook)?

Why 28k for a dual core Asus U32U? that too 13inch!
dont you get a i3 for 25k range? 15.6inch!

please correct me if i am wrong :(

You're right, but the form factor (design +aesthetics) is so good that it cannot be called too overpriced, but yeah, definitely expensive. It shouldn't have been more than 24k. Plus, 13"3 is a boon for some people, who don't want something big as 15"6 or even 14", and not something small as 11" or likewise.

You can get a 14" i3. Ok with it? Or something smaller (as you said netbook)?

You're right, but the form factor (design +aesthetics) is so good that its not too overpriced, but yeah, definitely expensive. It shouldn't have been more than 24k. Plus, 13"3 is a boon for some people, who don't want something big as 15"6 or even 14", and not something small as 11" or likewise.

i3 with a 14inch sounds perfect to me!

- - - Updated - - -

actually I would like it if its even smaller but not smaller than 13 inch :p, 11" way too low to be used in normal circumstances :(

Get Samsung NP300E4Z-A06IN coupled with oodles of RAM, if you want something strictly under 20k as PDC is just i3 - HT. And i3 would shoot your budget by at least 5k.

That's why I said 13"3 fits perfect. :)

Thnx a lot mate. Thats perfect!!! Btw is there is a good 14 inch laptop in the 50K range. This laptop is for my cousin and he apparently prefers a smaller one (and decides to tell me now :p )

Thnx a lot mate. Thats perfect!!! Btw is there is a good 14 inch laptop in the 50K range. This laptop is for my cousin and he apparently prefers a smaller one (and decides to tell me now :p )

SVE14A15FN : E Series : VAIOâ„¢ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

+ 1600*900 in 14" =~ 1080p in 15"6
+ Backlit keyboard :cool43:
+ 5.5 hrs back up
+ 7670M > Good enough GPU to play modern games at med settings.

If you want something lighter, then you should have a look world of ultrabooks, or even MacBook.

Anytime buddy.

mate, can you redirect me to some place where I can read more about the netbook processors? I am personally looking for a backup laptop for when I travel and stuff and I would like to see if some of my proprietary software's will work on those proccesors...

mate, can you redirect me to some place where I can read more about the netbook processors? I am personally looking for a backup laptop for when I travel and stuff and I would like to see if some of my proprietary software's will work on those proccesors...

Normally I consult notebookcheck.net, ark.intel.com (official intel site about specifications of its products), and AnandTech. AT offers a bit of in depth details also covering up the chipset and any other OEM modifications, if any. But notebookcheck as a whole should be best for you.

Back