CPU/Mobo i5 mobo in 5.5k

I always thought D as in UD2 meant all solid capacitors and S as in US3L meant solid capacitor in vrm, Am I wrong? :(

Edit:- Ah, Amien answered before i asked :). thanks.

Amien said:
There seem to be quite a few component differences.

The UD2 has all solid capacitors whereas the US3L has solid ones only in the CPU VRM area. Ofcourse, that is if we are both looking at the same board...

EDIT:- My bad, i was talking about the H55M S2H. But the same seems to apply to the P55 US3L.

But it shoudn't affect OP much, he doesn't plan on overclocking. P55/H55 boards are still way more expensive than they should be. :(

wot is solid capacitors !! nd wot is vrm!?:ashamed:...

nd which board is good ..

whcich one is best chipset for i5 H55 or P55!?

m confuced..:S

kalla_maakri said:
wot is solid capacitors !! nd wot is vrm!?:ashamed:...
nd which board is good ..
whcich one is best chipset for i5 H55 or P55!?
m confuced..:S
Solid capacitors = generally better components (not really, doesn't apply all the time but lets not get into details for now)

Like i said, go for H55 boards as they are cheaper and you are not looking to overclock. Your CPU will work fine in either P55/H55.

If you are on a tight budget, consider the MSI H55 E33. I think it retails under 4k or so. There are many choices, go with what makes sense to you, I won't give you a definitive answer until I've personally tested said board. That said, GB boards have excellent reliability and performance for quite some time now, and across the board, so if budget allows, get one of the choices suggested already.

@haraakiri
No problem ^^. And yes, you are correct, that applies 99% of the time with GB boards.

Amien said:
There seem to be quite a few component differences.
The UD2 has all solid capacitors whereas the US3L has solid ones only in the CPU VRM area.

That i know. I was merely stating that feature wise, they are the same board. (counting solid caps as out)

Back