Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Already upgraded to 12th Gen
Hello forum members,

the processor easily overlocks to 5.0ghz at 1.31Volts (which is pretty good silicon lottery)

the motherboard (best at the time when i bought it)
specially has inbuilt wifi/bluetooth, very good VRMS as well as the SupremeFX ALC 1220 audio chip which can power audiophile grade headphones easily..no hissing sounds or static.

Selling because i've already upgraded to a 12700F and a new Asus Strix B660-A Board.

Attachments

• IMG20220706200401.jpg
    IMG20220706200401.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG20220706200341.jpg
    IMG20220706200341.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG20220706200349.jpg
    IMG20220706200349.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
i3 12100 + gigabyte h610 is better than this for 20k.
I was expecting some kewl bois youtube watching comments like this:

so here it is:
i know alder lake is made out to be some huge revolution in performance, but the thing is.. even if you start looking at benchmarks with your bear minimuim motherboard which has no featues and a class shit audio.. with the most bear minimuim IO, no wifi/bluetooth. the 8700k at 5ghz gets a cinebench score of 10K and 12100 results are here https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/intel_12th_gen_core_i3_12100_and_i3_12300_review/8

secondly the sweet spot right now for gaming is a 6 core cpu, buying a quad core (even with slightly higher IPC) with the most shit motherboard known to man at current times when all games are optimised for a 6 core cpu is imo stupid but sure you and everyone are entitled to there opinions. its you alls money you can do what you want with it.

the performance is ALMOST inline or slightly lower with a 12400F and thats how i have priced it. 12400F (no igpu) with a decent b660 board with similar features will cost you atleast 31-32K. and with igpu vairant 34K.

So if you want to game at 1080p 12400F might be a better buy, you will recieve slightly better fps.. but at 1440p.. there will be no differences.

after my upgrade to 12th gen, i kind of have buyers remorse.. and this is for everyone looking to upgrade.. 12700 imo got me better performance in only bf2042 where the lows improved a little.. but every other competitive game or SP games i played 8700k was Aok and upto the mark. and mind you 12700 has a cinebench score of 22K. thats double the performance of a 8700K (yet it feels the same in 1440p gaming)

so just because a youtuber said so its not always true.

Also condition 5/5? these things dont degrade all of a sudden just because there is no warranty? I've been building PC's for almost 10 years now and i've never heard of a processor failing or motherboard deing out of the blue. especially for intel. AMD i've heard of RMA's but intel almost never.

Last edited:
So when it comes to the rating on condition, there is no difference between this and a new sealed one ?
Hmm, i dont think so.. maybe i am wrong? the buyer is buying a motherboard and a processor.. which performs just like it did on day one? the performance hasnt degraded.

this is not a headphone or a keyboard which gets wear and tear imo.. but sure i'll change the rating to 3/5 if that helps you guys put down your pitchforks :(

Hmm, i dont think so.. maybe i am wrong? the buyer is buying a motherboard and a processor.. which performs just like it did on day one? the performance hasnt degraded.

this is not a headphone or a keyboard which gets wear and tear imo.. but sure i'll change the rating to 3/5 if that helps you guys put down your pitchforks :(
A rating of 3 out of 5 does not necessarily imply that the performance has degraded. It implies that the condition is not the same as a new one. It implies the physical condition and also the fact that there is an increasing probability of issues due to age, usage etc. unless you are providing some warranty similar to the OEM.
I have a 8 year old CPU which still works the same as day 1. I cannot list that as a 5/5 since I cannot afford to provide any warranty to the user that it is going to work just like a brand new one.

A rating of 3 out of 5 does not necessarily imply that the performance has degraded. It implies that the condition is not the same as a new one. It implies the physical condition and also the fact that there is an increasing probability of issues due to age, usage etc. unless you are providing some warranty similar to the OEM.
I have a 8 year old CPU which still works the same as day 1. I cannot list that as a 5/5 since I cannot afford to provide any warranty to the user that it is going to work just like a brand new one.
Why cant you tho? if it works like day 1 for you.. it will work for the buyer aswell. I will provide 1 day warranty to prove it works like i said and has no cosmetics or physical dmg. hence the 5/5 condition.

Why cant you tho? if it works like day 1 for you.. it will work for the buyer aswell. I will provide 1 day warranty to prove it works like i said and has no cosmetics or physical dmg. hence the 5/5 condition.
I tried to explain above. If you have access to anyone working in an OEM like Intel and AMD, they will be able to explain better.

Normally, I would not criticize someone's hopeful optimism to get a sizeable return on a four year old purchase but you're spreading misinformation.

i know alder lake is made out to be some huge revolution in performance

It is an undisputed fact.

a quad core (even with slightly higher IPC)

The 12100 at stock has 20% higher IPC compared to the 8700k at 5GHz.

I've been building PC's for almost 10 years now and i've never heard of a processor failing or motherboard deing out of the blue.

Sounds like you need more experience. It's not 5/5. It's been running at 5GHz for four years. It's at best 4/5 if you had watercooled the vrm's. Maybe cosmetically it could be 5/5, if you've cleaned it up and changed the thermal pads on the VRM heatsinks.

Dead platform, no upgrade path, no warranty, no support for current/future technologies — this combo is a bad idea at 20k. 8700K with a decent motherboard is worth 15k and even at that price it's not a smart choice. The only person who should be buying this is someone nostalgic about Intel's first greater-than-quad-core consumer flagship.

With 12th gen, you can get a 12100 with an entry level B660 for 20k today which would be parity to your four-year-old Z370 and still have the ability to upgrade to 13th gen later on. Plus you'd have the safety net of full warranty on all parts.

pitchforks

No one would have said anything if you weren't defensive and doubled down on misleading potential buyers. You know it's old, you know it's outdated, you know there's no upgrade path, you know there's no warranty — would you yourself buy this combo at 20k today?

so just because a youtuber said so its not always true.

Also don't belittle someone's knowledge just because you think you know better. You're going about the worst way to dispose of old hardware.

You talk about warranty and upgrade paths.. GO BUY NEW! nobody is stopping you man.. go spend 30K+ on a 12400+good b660 board.

You want to buy the cheapest possible mobo with the shitttiest vrms and features be my guest.. do what you want? i'm not forcing anyone.

you want same or slightly less performance for cheaper in gaming?

you want to save about 10K and put that into more ram or gpu? consider my combo..

I'm sorry to say but all my points are valid? You guys are mad at me for rating it 5/5? so if i rated 3/5 everything would have been fine?

he said 12100 + h610 is better than this.. i countered by how it is not.. and with a little googling you will be able to see yourself.

this combo is almost atpar with 12400, and i have priced my processor 6-7K below that.
the same quality motherboard today would be equivalent of a b660-a strix.. which is 21.5K today with the same features set. which i have priced mine at 9K

the combo is actually 19K+shipping.

what is so hard to understand?

You all are so high and mighty and at the same time so petty that you want to shit on someone else sales thread, just because the person stood his ground.

and to answer your question! YES, I WILL absolutely buy this combo if i was in the market for a 12400 and a good full size atx motherboard with a good quality audio chip so i wouldnt have to buy a external amplifier and inbuilt bluetooth/wifi. that is exactly why i priced it like this.

you dont like my opinions? pls move on i didnt ask for yours. let the buyer decide for himself.. i'm sure anyone who can buy a 20K is a man and doesnt need your hand holding and parenting.

Last edited:
You talk about warranty and upgrade paths.. GO BUY NEW! nobody is stopping you man.. go spend 30K+ on a 12400+good b660 board.

You want to buy the cheapest possible mobo with the shitttiest vrms and features be my guest.. do what you want? i'm not forcing anyone.

you want to save about 10K and put that into more ram or gpu? consider my combo..

I'm sorry to say but all my points are valid? You guys are mad at me for rating it 5/5? so if i rated 3/5 everything would have been fine?

he said 12100 + h610 is better than this.. i countered by how it is not.. and with a little googling you will be able to see yourself.

this combo is almost atpar with 12400, and i have priced my processor 6-7K below that.
the same quality motherboard today would be equivalent of a b660-a strix.. which is 21.5K today with the same features set. which i have priced mine at 9K

You all are so high and mighty and at the same time so petty that you want to shit on someone else sales thread, just because the person stood his ground.

and to answer your question! YES, I WILL absolutely buy this combo if i was in the market for a 12400 and a good full size atx motherboard with a good quality audio chip so i wouldnt have to buy a external amplifier and inbuilt bluetooth/wifi. that is exactly why i priced it like this.

you dont like my opinions? pls move on i didnt ask for yours. let the buyer decide for himself.. i'm sure anyone who can buy a 20K is a man and doesnt need your hand holding and parenting.
I guess the basic idea of how this forum works is missing for you.
This is not OLX or Facebook Marketplace where you just try to sell stuff off at a certain price if you find a potential buyer going for it.

I guess respecting the community is the first fundamental thing to do as this community has the most respected tech enthusiasts out there and works on trust and respect, more than anything else.

Pricing is often asked for correction by people on sale posts, and it is very human and natural to err, but understanding that and respecting someone's opinion is basic maturity. After that, whether you still want to alter your offer or want to sell it off over OLX or FB Marketplace rather is your choice.
But, that is not the case always, a lot of times people comment for amazing product or amazing pricing too! So, Pitchforking is not people are doing, it is more like people are just suggesting that you have overpriced the combination.

Again, respect and trust are the first things here. Sorry to sound like a Gatekeeper, but I guess selling price and benchmarks and condition rating are all secondary, respect and trust and basic human decency are primary.

why do we even need heavy vrm mobo for 12100 or 12400 those are just 65w cpus

b660 provides better connectivity than 4 year old z390 ......dont say z390 and b660 provides same connectivity its misleading

12400 is better than 8700k again dont say they perform same its misleading

I guess your right, I will respect and trust this community from now..

I will also consider helping all buyers with my counter-opinions willing to buy from these commentor's from now. I will also suggest that they might have overpriced there product.

Thanks, i'm having a wonderful experience.

Dear Encodex,

I think @ankur1211 has put it very well. You are missing the point. And also, when @captain_volt said something, he made a mention. You were the one coming out with pitchforks using words like kewlbois.

You presented your perspective which was disputed by @rsaeon. What you are presenting are opinions, while staunchly supporting them, you are forgetting that everyone also has an opinion and they have as much right to support their as you have to support yours.

While doing so, no one was being condescending. At best, they were being tongue in cheek. @ibose (I chuckled). And These are people (if you had observed their posts) who are never usually unpleasant. I do not claim to know any personally, but the way they have presented themselves here and elsewhere in the forum speaks for itself.

I have had disagreements, and one bitter one with @ayaskant12 but that did not devolve into name calling. And we still 'like' each others' posts and reply to queries.

That is what everyone here is trying to preserve. It might seem like a sermon, but, there is bound to be some leg-pulling you need to enjoy it and wrangle it out. And enjoy doing it!

All that apart, the thread is getting a lot of action, let's hope you have a buyer for what is in general and excellent processor and a mobo combo in its own right!

a kid is crying because no one is interested in his awesome top of line pc for 20K because people have better options at 12400F=14700, 12400=17000, B660=10500 and this performs better than his so processor even at overclock

a kid is crying because no one is interested in his awesome top of line pc for 20K because people have better options at 12400F=14700, 12400=17000, B660=10500 and this performs better than his so processor even at overclock
17000+11000 is 27k

arey bhai abh Hindi me samjhuan kya???

27 kharch ke bi wifi/Bluetooth and ALC 1220 audio codec NAI milega.. agar woh sabh chiaye toh 18K minimum ka board lena hoga.
17+18 is 35 hajaar

me 19k se bi negotiate kar sakta tha. my combo is half the price for maybe 20% less cpu performance.

Last edited:
A new 5600g(openBox on te) + a used b450 with warranty should blow this out of water while still being under 20k and having warranty on both parts.

Just food for thought if we are open to put amd in this mix :p

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600G-vs-Intel-Core-i7-8700K/m1553183vs3937

And before Op says better connectivity and vrm's, top of the line b450 boards are now avail for upto 5.5-6.5k with 1-2years warranty left. which have much better upgrade path in future with amd rumoured to release x3d parts for lower end.

Also the boards will support 2x nvme opposed to 1, max ram of 128gb opposed to 64gb(yes some builders like me do care)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back