PC Peripherals i7 Cabinet & Cooler Suggestion Please

handsomeabhi

Disciple
Greetings,

Well I am almost ready to assemble my i7 rig. I only have to decide on the cabinet and cpu cooler.

Before going further here is my config:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920 D0 Stepping

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366

RAM: OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition

SMPS: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

These are from Old Rig

HDD: WD WD5000AAKS 500GB X 2

Cabinet: Chieftec BH 02 BBB

Now please HELP me decide on a good i7 CPU Cooler.

Taking the cooler into consideration do I require a new cabinet or am I absolutely fine with my Chieftec BH 02 BBB as it is BIG (not sure though).

If I do need a new cabinet please suggest me a GOOD ONE.

Looking forward for all your HELPFUL suggestions & replies.

Best Regards,
handsomeabhi

ur current cabinet looks good enough and big , if u still wanna upgrade , check out CM storm scout or HAF 922 / 932 .

Get Prolimatech meghalems or Xigmatek THOR's hammer , both come with i7 retention brackets and great performance .

@OP: JM2C: why dont you opt for the Gigabyte X58 UD5 mainboard instead? You could save some dough here without sacrificing the performance. There's nothing apart from the looks/fancy heatsinks/LCD poster that the Asus board offers for that extra investment. Perhaps you could save that and get a better GPU or something?

Congrats on your purchase! :)

Your Chieftec looks big enough. Recommend staying with it till you really need a new case.

EDIT: As for the cooler, +1 to RoBoGhOsT's suggestion of the Megahalem.

Get True IMO. Still the best cooler and gets beated by Meghalem by a few degrees only which is not that significant. Thor Hammer is another good option but is expensive compared to True. Cabby I would suggest HAF 922/Scout as Ghostkid or as we know RoboGhost suggested. :)

girish78 said:
Get True IMO. Still the best cooler and gets beated by Meghalem by a few degrees only which is not that significant. Thor Hammer is another good option but is expensive compared to True. Cabby I would suggest HAF 922/Scout as Ghostkid or as we know RoboGhost suggested. :)

No point getting TRUE, the Meghalem is a better package. Ofcouse, this doesn't apply if you already own the TRUE...

Back