CPU/Mobo i7 motherboard 10k

paappi

Disciple
hello, i want 2 buy a i7920 mobo .budget is 10k can stretch to 12k, but if we can make it in 10k will b good.(NO OVERCLOCKING)

*i had MSI X58 Pro-E nd MSI X58 m in mind but both hav IOH temp problem

AFAIK MSI X58m doesn't have IOH temps as high as other msi boards. Though it's bit more than say gigabyte UD3R but I think that's not a big concern. And I cant think of any other mobo which comes at 10K. Probably Gigabyte X58 UD3R is worth the look though that might be a bit beyond your budget.

haraakiri said:
AFAIK MSI X58m doesn't have IOH temps as high as other msi boards. Though it's bit more than say gigabyte UD3R but I think that's not a big concern. And I cant think of any other mobo which comes at 10K. Probably Gigabyte X58 UD3R is worth the look though that might be a bit beyond your budget.
MSI X58m is also got IOH temp problm chek following link
Customer Reviews Of MSI X58M LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
*how much it Cost for Gigabyte X58 UD3R ?

Most of the other msi boards have IOH temps of around 65-70. This is a bit better at 55-60.
UD3R currenty would be around 13K and that's a very good board, even if you intend to overclock. The only issue I can think of is 4 ram slots.

The MSI X58 Pro had temp problems, which were fixed in the Pro-E. I think the Pro is the cheapest (full sized) board out there. Am using the Pro-E myself and no problems so far. :)

Its the cheapest but still packs a punch for overclocking......Amazing value for money board......Though the IOH temp. is high but wont hamper your daily usage, and if you are too concerned then can replace the pushpin for the NB sink and use screws and nuts.....

^The Pro-E what you'd tested was one of the best VFM boards ever and performed very well as evident from the screens! Wonder how MSI could price it at 11k compared to other cheap boards such as the UD3R and the Biostar TPower.

Read about the IOH temp issue with the NB and should be of no concern to an average user IMO. The NB heatsink doesn't look all that puny either. :\

Gannu said:
^The Pro-E what you'd tested was one of the best VFM boards ever and performed very well as evident from the screens! Wonder how MSI could price it at 11k compared to other cheap boards such as the UD3R and the Biostar TPower.

Read about the IOH temp issue with the NB and should be of no concern to an average user IMO. The NB heatsink doesn't look all that puny either. :\

Yes the NB is hot, but thats basically because of some manufacturing defect I presume, The contact of the sink and NB is not too good.

I had to use MX2 and DICE on the Heatsink the ghetto way, for the extreme runs though.....

paappi said:
So i can go forward with MSI X58 M.. what do you think IOH temp won't ruin My MOBO and components...!!:S

No, according to specs, they are meant to run for somewhere around 5 Years at 100 or 105C. So nothing to worry about.....(though will confirm again about the temps. maybe it was bit lower...)

Back