WTB i7 or i9 from the 9th generation of Intel CPU 's

Thanks for that but I personally feel that a 9th gen i7 should not be more expensive than a current gen AMD Ryzen5 7600 CPU. Extending a platform's life should not mean a CPU with 1/3rd the performance be priced more than a off the shelf PC component. Specially when this is no exortic component.
It's just how I feel.

Thanks for that but I personally feel that a 9th gen i7 should not be more expensive than a current gen AMD Ryzen5 7600 CPU. Extending a platform's life should not mean a CPU with 1/3rd the performance be priced more than a off the shelf PC component. Specially when this is no exortic component.
It's just how I feel.
Outside of specific demand supply scenario(like graphics card during crypto boom/bust stage) my simple principle which is also based on depreciation principle used by corps for their assets is that if product is just out of warranty then its resell value shouldn't be more than 50% of its original value under any circumstances. Then, counting every extra year after its warranty expire its value should drop by at least 33% of this value. So considering a processor with original value of say 28k with 3 years warranty then its resell value should be 14k after 3 years & around 9-10k after 4th year & around 6k after 5 years as per my formula.

Outside of specific demand supply scenario(like graphics card during crypto boom/bust stage) my simple principle which is also based on depreciation principle used by corps for their assets is that if product is just out of warranty then its resell value shouldn't be more than 50% of its original value under any circumstances. Then, counting every extra year after its warranty expire its value should drop by at least 33% of this value. So considering a processor with original value of say 28k with 3 years warranty then its resell value should be 14k after 3 years & around 9-10k after 4th year & around 6k after 5 years as per my formula.
Yes exactly how it is calculated, regardless of the value proposition, whether its worth it or not is subjective, Someone who has the motherboard or a system that takes an i7 or i9 would be much more inclined towards purchasing just a CPU instead of shelling out for an AMD Ryzen 5 7600 CPU + Motherboard combo, even if the CPU is cheaper, a decent motherboard would still cost upwards of 15K, throwing out any value or performance proposition.

Not to be argumentative but an additional 15k motherboard on a 15k CPU would make for a 2x price for a 3x performance. If can spend that is a superb value proposition. My 2pese

Not to be argumentative but an additional 15k motherboard on a 15k CPU would make for a 2x price for a 3x performance. If can spend that is a superb value proposition. My 2pese
That is why it is all subjective. To someone, spending 2x to get 3x performance is worthwhile while for someone else a 0.5x price for 0.75x performance might be better. Also, it is just my personal opinion that trying to extend the life of an old intel platform is always more risky compared to AMD platform.

I have a 9900KF which I want to replace with a 9900K. Would you be interested in that? I can let go of the 9900KF for a reasonable price and then hunt for a K. Please DM!

It's just how I feel.
I've noticed one thing that these i7 processors are always high priced no matter what, I was also searching for an i7 9700 and the prices that I've been told were really high.

Back