i7 Quad notebook ?

Tao

Disciple
Hi friends, these are the requirements I have, is there a notebook that meets them (or the closest ?) :

i7 740QM Processor

Any DX11 GPU

4GB RAM

Atleast 500GB HDD

Atleast 1 USB 3.0 port

Atleast 1600*900 resolution (Screen size can be 13-15.6 inches)

Budget can be varied but would like to keep it as low as possible.

Please suggest .

TIA

no , in india you dont have requirements like these . you will have to adapt what to what current models offer. if you love the attache form factor then you can look on ASUS Rog laptops and alienwears

envy 14 - no usb 3.0 but usb/esata combo port is there ; envy 17 - poor battery life and bad user reviews

acer 4820tg - i5 430 ; 5650 but no high-res screen ,usb 3 or esata

i am also waiting for envy14 launch in india but i dont think they will be available here

dell studio 15

Customise this with i7 740M and a full HD screen.....

it comes around 65K......

Superb lapto pwith inbuilt BLURAY Drive....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

btw no usb 3.0

Searched a lot but still couldnt find much. Sony F series has i7Q but I dont know what sony are doing putting all uber expensive models (130 k :( ) here when its only $1100 .

Most i7Q models are expensive because of stuff which I dont need :

Mobility 5470 would be more than sufficient ,

no need of Bluray

no need of full HD 18 inch screens

I think I need to look for some office models. Anybody seen one that's available ?

And whats with HP site, its organized no good and I dont find what models are actually available. And Dell site if WTF ! They are providing more C2D options than Core iX Options as time is passing....seems they are selling rejected US machinery here.

When is Back to School line coming up ? Or does it come here at all ?

Anyways friends if you find one model that suits my needs, please let me know

TIA

Try the dell studio 14. Remember rein it for 49k with a core i7 720 but graphics was a low end hd4530 if I remember right. I think it should be enough for non graphically intensive applications.

Check my post above of Studio 15.

Now you get Studio 15 with i7 740QM and 5470 1GB card with BD ROM and Backlit keyboard for 61K..

you can try hp laptops.

1. HP Pavilion DV6 2164tx : i7 - 720, 4gb ddr3 ram, 500 gb sata 7200 rpm, 15.4 inch, 1gb ddr3 gt230m : available for 60K including tax

or

2. HP Pavilion DV6 3052tx: same as above. graphics card is ATI HD 5650 1gb ddr3 : max 66K including tax.

Both these machines are better than the dell one discussed here.

Thanks for the help guys, but I still many are still selling the older 720QM rather than 740Qm, guess that will pop-up soon

@tommy : i agree mate, but does Dell offer FreeDOS or Linux ? I have seen only HP laptops with FreeDOS

@Tao, yes do offer, but that is mostly at Dealer discretion from whom you are purchasing it. It is not available as an option on the website for high end models as far as I can see

@Tao, i'll suggest you to go with Dell rather than HP.i own a HP & the internal design of HP Laptops isn't that good compared to Dell.Also,some HP Models Feature embedded GPU which can't be upgraded but that is possible in Dell.

also,those embedded GPU's tend to overheat resulting in Blank Screen.

Back