I9003 Galaxy SL for preorder

salluks said:
how many samsung galaxies are there??

i am really confused now!!
Its same as galaxy S but with S LCD in place of AMOLED , 4GB memory ,PowerVR SGX530 graphics processor compared to the PowerVR SGX540 GPU on the GalaxyS, better battery than galaxy S (1650mAh vs 1500mAh).

Beats the Desire anyday. So price drop of Moto Defy to 15k-16k considering that this is just 19.5k :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

You can get it for 18.3k with a 10% ICICI coupon from letsbuy :)

^^ This is just pre-order launch price , in fact I am sure it will go down to a street price of 17.5 with 2-3 weeks :D

Kick ass Deal :)

Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com

Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL vs. Motorola DEFY - GSMArena.com

Keep in mind that gsmarena specs says 16GB in built but it has only 4GB inbuilt for the indian version :(

Supra said:
^^ This is just pre-order launch price , in fact I am sure it will go down to a street price of 17.5 with 2-3 weeks :D

Kick ass Deal :)

Yeah it will be the king of the the upper midrange androids unless the Desire S is priced similarly and launched soon.

I was disappointed in WMC announcements that none of the midrange phones had at least 800MHz current gen proccies like MSM7230 and Adreno 205. But seems like Defy will soon occupy that 15k midrange sweet spot due to this Galaxy S I9003 :D

[/COLOR]You can get it for 18.3k with a 10% ICICI coupon from letsbuy :)[/QUOTE]

Plus u get Free X mini speakers worth Rs 1290.:)

This I9003 seems to be a good phone.. but why cant they provide a flash for the camera ?? :mad:

and how is the gpu in this.. anybody got scoop on that ?

Seems like I9003 Vs Defy Vs Desire currently.

Till this phone sees the price cut after the hype at the least.

Pretty amazing how HTC Desire has been stuck regarding price even after advent of Defy.

I am hoping Desire sees a price cut now. (Does letsbuy lets u get discount on Desire too? )

Spacescreamer said:
This I9003 seems to be a good phone.. but why cant they provide a flash for the camera ?? :mad:

and how is the gpu in this.. anybody got scoop on that ?

Seems like I9003 Vs Defy Vs Desire currently.

Till this phone sees the price cut after the hype at the least.

Pretty amazing how HTC Desire has been stuck regarding price even after advent of Defy.

I am hoping Desire sees a price cut now. (Does letsbuy lets u get discount on Desire too? )
This has got SGX530. Defy also has got the same. Desire has a weaker Adreno 200.

Compared to Defy the i9003 has a higher CPU clock ie., 25% more. Bigger screen(better?) and better video recording. Plus it comes with Froyo with a possible GB upgrade.

Defy and i9003 has Cortex A8 45nm based CPU's whereas the current Desire has a older gen. Qualcomm MSM8250(65nm)

With this released the Desire is too expensive @ 21.5k :p

PDAcomparer | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications

Music in Samsung i9003 will rock due to the 'Wolfson WM8994E' DAC :eek:hyeah:

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review: From outer space - GSMArena.com

Its the same DAC as in previous Galaxy S I9000 and GSM says it has got 'perfect audio quality'

The Desire and Defy suck in audio quality :D

this will eat the sub 20k market quickly...and most importantly for samsung, they are practically killing wave II with this

I9003 has got SGX530 (Defy also has got the same.) Vs Desire has a weaker Adreno 200.

Compared to Defy the i9003 has a higher CPU clock

Better video recording.

I9003 comes with Froyo with a possible GB upgrade.

Defy and i9003 has Cortex A8 45nm based CPU's whereas the current Desire has a older gen. (Qualcomm MSM8250(65nm))

The Desire and Defy suck in audio quality

Music in Samsung i9003 will rock due to the 'Wolfson WM8994E' DAC

Its the same DAC as in previous Galaxy S I9000 and GSM says it has got 'perfect audio quality'

With this released the Desire is too expensive @ 21.5k

Yep. I read the GSM review and found out the 720p recording really impressive.

Pics were okay but lack of (a) Physical button for Camera and (b) Flash (LED/Xenon) made me curse few choice words for Samsung. With good light conditions, the camera performs very decently, so Why not the flash??

I9003 has got support for Divx but no flash and Physical key for camera

Defy has flash but no support for Divx.

Same thing for I9003 Vs Desire.

Desire has better RAM overall but is priced at ~22k

Why cant they design something with basic things stacked inside properly for once ?

Btw, Desire still coming with AMOLED in India and Abroad ? Is the same mentioned on the box ??

Spacescreamer said:
Yep. I read the GSM review and found out the 720p recording really impressive.
Pics were okay but lack of (a) Physical button for Camera and (b) Flash (LED/Xenon) made me curse few choice words for Samsung. With good light conditions, the camera performs very decently, so Why not the flash??
I9003 has got support for Divx but no flash and Physical key for camera
Defy has flash but no support for Divx.

Same thing for I9003 Vs Desire.

Desire has better RAM overall but is priced at ~22k

Why cant they design something with basic things stacked inside properly for once ?
Btw, Desire still coming with AMOLED in India and Abroad ? Is the same mentioned on the box ??
IINM Desire never came with AMOLED in India and i am afraid even abroad it would be SLCD now as AMOLED prod has been stopped.

Samsung must have decided to use the back panel from older galaxy S or at least the design to do mass production more quickly. If everythin is there it would be a perfect phone :p None of the companies want one and jepordize other phones' sales ;)

Hope the Wave's price dips to Sub-15k quickly :p

Nah.. hoping Desire's price to go down asap.. :)

But .. what do you mean by "back panel from older galaxy S"

Again the same stoopid plasticky stuff ??

Spacescreamer said:
Nah.. hoping Desire's price to go down asap.. :)

But .. what do you mean by "back panel from older galaxy S"

Again the same stoopid plasticky stuff ??
Yeah. Might be :p When their flagship had it why not the upper midranger?

Yeah Desire price should go down to 18.5k ASAP to make sense and then they should release the Desire S soon with price equivalent to the I9003.

But sammy has a huge production line and can churn up phones like anything. The Ace hit the market within couple of weeks of announcement and the the I9003 too has hit the market in 20-25 days after announcement :)

happy that they are launching it in India first or at least along with global launches unlike the Nokia and HTC phones.

Back