IaaS [Cloud Computing] Course, Jobs & Future

avi

Skilled
A friend of mine completed his BTech in ECE & is in Software Testing field from two years. Now he's planning to switch to Cloud Computing. He got suggestions from friends to go for IaaS since he is from ECE. Moreover he isn't interested in development also.

Know any good institutes in Bangalore ?
His main concern is about future of cloud. Is IaaS Manager [etc] secure job ?

he cannot learn on own, so institute suggestion is needed. How is IIHT, B'lore ? They charge 1Lakh rs :sleep:

He also sent an email to a prof, here's the summary :

I am planning to learn CLOUD COMPUTING, so I need information and some suggestions from you.

Which module is good in the followings ? Which has the better future ?
1. IaaS
2. PaaS
3. SaaS

I have completed my engineering in Electronics and communication, so many people are suggesting me to learn IaaS. What would you suggest for me.

Would be helpful if you suggest any good institution which offers the course Bangalore.

I had visited IIHT few days back in Bangalore, They will provide following facilities,
1. Have their own Data Center and providing IaaS to few of the IT industries and colleges in Bangalore.
2. Will put student on their real project to learn practical stuffs.
3. 150 hours of internship in any of the IT industry with which they have collaboration
4. 6 months experience certificate.

I have 2.5 years of working experience in Software Testing, now I am planning to switch to cloud.

So Please suggest me which way has bright future.

I don't know how much it is true about IIHT, so if anyone here studied at IIHT, please reply. Thanks a lot !

IaaS is a vast subject IMO. I work in my company's data center and I kind of have an idea what things are involved while hosting a IaaS setup.
His career path will change completely from being whatever he was doing as of now and he will become kind of a System Admin.
If he is OK with that then he can pursue that avenue.

Yup, he's okay with that. Thanks for replying :)

If you happen to know about institutes, please let me know

Cloud is definitely one of the new line services being considered at Indian IT enterprise level along with big data, analytics and mobile computing.

The opportunity itself can come in many roles. One can be a part of infrastructure setup , the other as system admin and even cloud security is a part of the job profile in certain cases.

Before taking such a career leap though, it would be good if he is familiarized with the industry level expectations in terms of cloud computing.

The link below provides a free cloud computing certification from Cloud U program offered by Rackspace, a well known player in the domain.

Cloud U Free Certification

To know more about the program, you can ask him to check on the below link where a interview session was organized for the same.

Questions About Cloud U Certification

Hope this can help as starters. Being an IT professional myself, I can say that cloud computing definitely has great future potential but you have to walk the right steps :yes:

Back