iBall Edu-Slide i1017 - Is it Good ?

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

Is the iBall Edu-Slide - i1017 - A Good Buy ? Priced at 12,999/-

I can't seem to find any detailed reviews on it.

My Requirements: 9-10" Tab
Budget : 10-15k
Purpose : For my daughter who is in the 7th grade.

The reason I narrowed down on this is - it's EDUCATIONAL quotient + tech specs seem to be fine + it's designed by IITians :cool:

Querries:
Can we add apps through playstore ?
Is it good for games that a 12 year kid may want to play?

The 7" ones seem small & 10" ones - by Samsung, Apple etc are way too pricey. I earlier had wanted to restrict my budget to 7k - but then I think those tabs are not too good (get sluggish & other issues after a period of time).

Cheers
Terry

Note: I am a total noob with Tabs - so looking to be educated. I still think of it as a waste of time for kids (as they get addicted to it)

Bought iball i1017 few days back for 12.5k.

Can see my initial review here:
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/9-or-10-budget-tablet-advice.146063/page-2#post-1803396

USB drives are working fine; have not tested any 3G Donge as i m surfing thru wifi. Camera quality is pathetic.

I bought it because other similar tabs were not giving wifi + 3G(thru dongle), hdmi, bluetooth, Assisted GPS navigation services in one device. I am looking at it as an alternative to netbook.
Contains login id and password to activate education content. Apps installation thru PlayStore is smooth and easy. I am not a gamer and have not tried any games

Not too bad for the price.

Thanks @kriplani

I GOT IT TOO :) for 12.6k from Vijay Sales just a few hours ago.

Thanks to my bro-in-law who presented it as a gift to my daughter. We were happy that PlayStore was available - contrary to all the media reports out there.

I have not touched it as yet, as my nephew is busy installing whatever games & apps that my daughter wants + disabling a whole lot of unnecessary apps. Looks great for the price. Will also activate the educ content later.

Will look out for a 32GB card for it this week.[DOUBLEPOST=1364131465][/DOUBLEPOST]Need some advice on the best 32GB microSD card & would a class 10 be the best ?

Which is the most reliable Sandisk; Transcend or Samsung ?

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTE FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS

This may be available for Rs 7000/- ONLY if the price of the "educational content" Rs 2999 x 2 year is removed see link below
At the launch phase the same will be available at the best buy price of just Rs 12,999 with 1 standard education content included.
As introductory offer an additional standard content will be provided free for those buying before 15th of April 2013. The price assumes significant advantage for the buyer with such an impressive tablet PC with Dual core and high specs literally available to the user for Rs 7000 if the cost of contents (Rs2999 x 2 year) is reduced. A not to be missed offer – both in terms for value for money as well as usefulness to the students!!!
http://iball.co.in/Responsive/NewsDetail/43

I think I may be interpreting it wrongly as I do not feel iball will sell this product (at least in the next 2-3 months) without the "educational content offer.

Back