iBerry Android Tablets- Small review

Aries

Disciple
Well,

First of all, thanks for nion, a member here for suggesting iBerry to me.

Here I am going to write a small review about iBerry BT07, BT07i and Auxus. Please dont skip any sentences/models as there are comparisons between all the models.

iberry HK, established in 2002, is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics in Hong Kong. I guess, in Asia, the distributers are in different parts of India only.

Official site: http://iberry.asia/index.php

They manufacture 4 tablet models

1) iBerry BT07

2) iBerry BT07i

3) iBerry Auxus

4) iBerry BT10

1) iBerry BT07

iBerry BT07 is the starting model.

Processor: The processor is ARM Cortex A8 @ 1.0GHz. The OS is Android Gingerbird 2.3.

Memory: The RAM is 512 MB DDR3 with 4GB internal flash memory and expandable up to 32GB. It has Open GL 2.0 3D graphics for games. The internal memory available after installing Android OS and apps is about 500-900 MB only (not sure, but looks like). So out of 4GB, you will get around 500MB internal memory space.

Display: 7" with 800x480 resolution resistive touchscreen display. The touchscreen is good for resistive one. But I suggest you to go for capacitive one.

Videos: 1080p videos play flawlessly. It even has HDMI output for TVs. Supports 4:3 and 16:9 video display which can be selected in teh video player.

Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, G-Sensor with 4 way rotation. The 4-way rotation is good and the screen rotates immediately when you turn the tablet.

Camera: The camera quality is bad as it is VGA camera. You can just use it for Skype video chatting.

Audio: The audio quality is good with earphones. They provide good earphone with bass effect. This is some what comparable to Sony-ericsson W810i earphones in quality, but the sound output will be more than Sony ericsson. Guess, with high volume it is difficult to listen to song with earphone. The tablet has a mono speaker in the back. The sound quality is good but not louder. If you put the tablet in pouch, then the loudness is even less.

Connectivity: The tablet has one mini-USB connector and one USB connector where you can connect mouse, keyboard, LAN adapter(one with no driver required/ that supports linux), GPS mouse, Pen drives, etc. 3G dongles can be connected to USB port. My BSNL micromax MMX dongle doesn't work with any of the tablets, even with samsung. Another modem from BSNL- ZTE works fine with these tablets. There is no SIM slot. So no phone calls.

Battery backup: They say, the battery would last long for 5 hrs when you play videos. But I got the backup for only 2 hrs when I played 700MB movie- 1 hr 35 mins with Wifi switched OFF and headphone connected. The screen brighness was 80%.

Battery charging time: 3 hrs from 0 to 99%

USB charging : Not supported.

General: The tablet comes with a tablet pouch.

Accessories with the tablet: Charger, earphones, USB to mini USB cable (to connect tablet to PC for Data transfer from SD card).

2) iBerry BT07i:

This tablet is same as BT07 but with these differences:

1) 5 point Capacitive touchscreen

2) OpenGL Accelerator @ 400MHz

3) Company says, the OS can be upgraded to Android 4.0

I haven't checked BT07i, but came to know this from distributor.

3) iBerry Auxus:

Processor: Auxus has 3 processors. CPU: 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A8 main processor, GPU: 400MHz Mali, OpenGL 2.0 and VPU (Video Processing Unit): Dedicated Full HD Video processing. The OS is Android 4.0.3 Ice cream SandWich. The OS is better than Gingerbird. Multiprocessing is supported here. Minimizing and maximizing of softwares are possible here. You can get 3 desktop windows. where you can place widgets and app shortcuts.

Memory: The RAM is 1 GB MB DDR3 with 4GB internal flash memory and expandable up to 32GB. The internal memory available after installing Android OS and apps is about 2.5 GB only. So out of 4GB, you will get around 2.5 GB MB internal memory space. They have not mentioned in the site, but they have mentioned yhis in the box which is true

Display: 7" with 800x480 resolution capacitive touchscreen display. In the site, they have mentioned as 800 x 480 but in the box it is written as 800 x 400. The android shows as 800 x 480. So I believe it is 800 x 480. The touchscreen is really good. I haven't used Samsung or any other tablet, so cannot compare with others. But the capacitive touchscreen of this tablet is really good. With the multi point touchscreen, you can zoom in and out pictures easily. There is a default video player where multi touch doesn't work (may be not supported with this app. Tested with a mkv video). Hope with a good app, the multi touch will work for videos and movies.

Videos: 1080p videos play flawlessly. It even has HDMI output for TVs. It has 2D - 3D Rendering support where 3D movies can be played if you have 3D glasses.

Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, G-Sensor with 4 way rotation. The 4-way rotation is good and the screen rotates immediately when you turn the tablet.

Camera: There are 2 cameras. Back camera with 2MP and front camera with VGA, same as BT07. 2MP camera gives a good photo in daylight as ordinary mobile phones with 2MP give.

Audio: The audio quality is good . But, the earphone is not as good as the one that comes with BT07. The sound output is same as BT07. The tablet has a single stereo speaker in the back. The sound quality is good but not louder.

Connectivity: The tablet has one mini-USB connector where you can connect mouse, keyboard, LAN adapter(one with no driver required/ that supports linux), GPS mouse, Pen drives, etc with OTG connector only. There is no USB port, but only mini USB port. So if you want to connect pendrive or any other USB devices, you need to have OTG connector that is provided with the tablet. 3G dongles can be connected to USB port. My BSNL micromax MMX dongle doesn't work with any of the tablets, even with samsung. Another modem from BSNL- ZTE works fine with these tablets. There is no SIM slot. So no phone calls.

Wifi: Wifi works fine but Android 2.3 has more Wifi options compared to Android 4.0.

Battery backup: Not checked but looks like better than BT07 as BT07 is 3500mAH and Auxus is 4000mAH.

Battery charging time: Not checked.

USB charging : Yes, supported unlike BT07.

General: The tablet comes with a tablet pouch. The BT07 pouch is good and expensive compared to Auxus pouch.

Auxus is slimmer than BT07 and better in look.

Accessories with the tablet: Charger, earphones, USB to mini USB cable (to connect tablet to PC for Data transfer from SD card) and an OTG connector.

Video: http://iberry.asia/v..._auxus_ax02.php

3) iBerry BT10:

For spec, check the site.

BT10 has the SIM facility and more battery backup, but 512MB RAM and Android 2.3 Gingerbird.

BT 109 is not released yet. Distributors say that this will be released in April end - May.

Price: BT07: 6900/-

BT07i: 7900/-

Auxus: 9,990/-

BT10: 14,990/- (not released)

Buying guide: 1) Order it online from their site, they will ship it immediately- the same day.

2) e-Bay. They sell through ebay also with storename iBerrystore

3) Distributors: Look in their site.

Buy through any of these 3, the price will be the same.

http://iberry.asia/index.php

I will update here if I find anything new. Sorry that i cannot upload video as I am busy all these days. Even in this busy schedule i made myself free to write this small review ( not a good review, hope) as this would help the Tech friends who have helped me. Forget any grammer and spelling mistakes, no time even to check
<

If I get time or if anyonbe really needs a video badly, I can upload here.

Any questions, please post here. I will answer when I get time
<

Thanks

Edit: AUXUS:

I kept open these Apps:

Market

Mx Video player

Contacts

Aldiko PDF Viewer

File Manager

Gallery

GetJar

Settings

Now started playing Angry bird: The game gets struck sometimes.

Closed all other apps other than Angry bird: No comment on game. Works flawlessly.

Tried with other 3D high end games also, same result.

I don't expect multi processing with all these apps opened together and play a game, but just a benchmark. I would say, go for Auxus without any hesitation or wait for B10 if you are going for iBerry and not other brands.

Back