IBM vs TCS

I have offer from IBM and TCS.

I am a unix/linux administrator (6 yr experienced). (not to the developing side.)

As far as I have enquired, 90% are saying work pressure at IBM is more than in TCS. It is pointed out that IBM will make you work in a minimum of 3 projects at a time.

Compared to IBM , people are saying that TCS will give peace of mind and more onsite opportunities.

Salary package offered is almost similar though IBM is giving a bit higher.

If anyone got any views/suggestions , please help me.

My suggestion would be to opt for TCS - growth options are better than IBM, and the onsite opportunities are a nice sweetener. Also, they aren't known to fire employees at their whims and fancies unlike IBM sometimes does.

If the role offered is a manager or a Asst Manager position then there is nothing better than TCS.

But as you know both are good companies and the rest is pure luck.

Job Security + Money + Exposure to Unlimited Amount of things Worldwide in IBM + Global Opportunities = IBM

Don't know if I have job tomorrow or not + Less Money + Inferior Brand as compared to IBM = TCS

So decide by the way I am an IBMer.

Can't suggest which is better...but lol...we people dig our heads for getting jobs in either of this companies such that either one choose us...and you are here for asking choosing one from them..??

Personally my suggestion is TCS.

Thanks for all the responses...

BUt still I am in a confused state... I just want to point out some of the situations of mine.

-I am not a developer.

-I work in the support side of Linux/unix platform

-If it is for IBM, I will NOT be into IBM Labs, which many say is very good. I am not sure how good are they at the support side.

-TCS is paying me 1 lakh lesser in CTC than IBM. But IBM is putting 1 lakh as a bonus paid yearly. So CTC comes to be almost similar.

I am sure that IBM had a very heavy brandname in the IT world. They were the giants at the time when people ever did not know what a transistor radio was. But I suspect what exactly the status of it now.

I will just ask one egotistic question..

When you hear...

I work for IBM

I work for TCS

Which appeals better for you ?

^ Damn it dude.

"People think I am one of the ones with a halo, but I am not enjoying it".

"Huh, they think I am just one of lacs, little do they know what I am up to :D "

Decide what appeals to YOU, not someone else.

At the end of the day, you are gonna do your work and live your life, not the ones commenting.

dude, in terms of branding, its a no brainer. accenture and IBM are a class apart from our homegrown IT majors, with Infosys coming the closest.

You cant have it all. choose what is more important to you.

With 6 years of your experience, I will suggest u to look forward about your future role

If u want to work on technical side then IBM
If u want to work on or move to managerial side then TCS

honestly with an admin profile you wont get onsite in TCS/IBM. Work culture is better in TCS. Working in 3 or more projects at same time is not bad, you get more exposure and experience.

Personal suggestion, u having 6 years admin exp. and if you are confident of yourself , don't even think of job security. join a smaller firm having less headcounts which pays you more.

Back