IC : Cheap iPhone TurboSim clones from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

guptaji

Adept
i just bought this el-cheapo chip from a dealer in chennai today..

all for 900 bucks..!! pretty amazing price considering these chips are still not easily available in Chennai..!!
these chips are from china and are all over sites alibaba..
I tried just the one chip and it worked..no hassles..YET..!!

These chips are most likely to be Brando SIM chips..

here's a list of threads on these chips on hackint0sh forums:
[Brando] H/W SIM Unlock - Anybody try this? - Hackint0sh
[Knowledge base][1.1.3] JAILBREAK > Compatible *SIM Solution - Hackint0sh

as per some of these threads, these chips should allow you to upgrade an OTB 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 . .

anyways..coming to the point here..
I'm pretty certain the guy can offer me some discount if we place a bulk order..and honestly speaking, price of 900 is dirt cheap for a chip which sells in a range of 1500 to 3000 rs..

I would be more than willing to buy some chips from here and send it across to whoever needs it at an "as-is" cost..
One word of Caution though..i tried looking these chips up on the net, but could not find any reviews...i'm gonna test the chip for a coupla days and let u ppl know about the stability issues, if any..

Update (9-Feb-08):
Have tested 2 of these chips so far and encountered no issues till now..
One chip is bing used on my iPhone and the other one on my frnd's
Both live in different areas in Chennai and have not experienced any issues as far as making/receiving calls and sending/receiving SMS is concerned.
The only time I received "No Service" messag on my iPhone was when there was a signal drop from the carrier (Airtel) side..

Superczar is expected to pick up one of these this in a coupla days..you can wait for his feedback as well..

+1
also, I heard these el-cheapo chips are preconfigured and it's a simple plug n' play solution...what were the steps you had to take to get this working on (i assume) a jailbroken and activated otb 1.1.2?

superczar said:
+1
also, I heard these el-cheapo chips are preconfigured and it's a simple plug n' play solution...what were the steps you had to take to get this working on (i assume) a jailbroken and activated otb 1.1.2?

1. Jailbroke 1.1.2 OTB
2. installed iWorld
3. Cut out a small triangular wedge on the top right corner of the SIM
4. Put the chip along with the SIM
5. Chose India as the default country in iWorld

thats it. .

Just got an iPhone with firmware version 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G)

The only process I assumed to unlock it and sim hack it was downgrading it to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak it and use anySIM.

If these SIMs could save me all this hassle then I am all for it.

PS: Correct me if i am wrong about the unlocking process for 1.1.2, would really appreciate it.

superczar said:
awesome...no cutting of the SIM required..is it?

You have the cut the SIM dude..
the IC on the chip is kinda thick and juts out a bit..without cutting the SIM it would be impossible to seat the chip along with the SIM and push it into the phone..In fact i have not seen a single chip which does not require you to cut the SIM..

heck..i have seen youtube videos of people drilling holes into the SIM trays to accommodate the chip's IC. .

moreover..even after cutting the SIM, it should still be usable on any other phone..cos the circuit area of the SIM stays as it is..

no dude..not anymore..

i learnt about the crack only after my last post..

MODS may please close this thread..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back