IC:Seagate 250gb - Raptor like performance

Count_Down said:
Any discounts from Gulbir for his friends' friends? ;)

Gulbir hardly gives me a discount :(

Everytime I ask he says "I have a margin of only 50/- on each piece of hardware" :no:

Thank GAWD he has kept reasonably low prices on his web site !! Today he was saying that he is thinking about giving a lower price for online purchases, I think we guys waste too much of their time crying for lower prices. :)

err will the hard disk work on the old SATA I ports to be precise the SATA port on intel 865 gbf ??

and will the performance decrease ?

^^SATA interface is developed to be backward compatible always so even sataIII or sataIV will be sataI compatibel but they will work at the speeds of sataI.

Don't worry though actual realtime results have shown that sataII is just 7-10% better than sataI.

Nash said:
^Wats the cost ?

I HAD TALK WITH HIM TODAY ITSELF.
HE TOLD ME THIS PRODUCT IS PRESENTLY OUT OF STOCK BUT CAN GET IT FROM DELHI IF ORDER IS IN BULK .
HE WILL BE GIVING ALL THE DETAILS 2MORROW.
SO LETS WAIT FOR GOOD PRICE ATLEAST:)

predatorvj said:
I HAD TALK WITH HIM TODAY ITSELF.
HE TOLD ME THIS PRODUCT IS PRESENTLY OUT OF STOCK BUT CAN GET IT FROM DELHI IF ORDER IS IN BULK .
HE WILL BE GIVING ALL THE DETAILS 2MORROW.
SO LETS WAIT FOR GOOD PRICE ATLEAST:)

Why type in caps all the time :S

here is mobile no of seagate distributor of mumbai.
this guy seems to be sick as he told the hdd is not in stock and could get it from delhi at 3900/-.
i mean 3.6k for this:S .
how he calls himself as distributor:huh: .who dont know even what is the market price going on for the hdd .
take his no of so called seagate distributor,
Mr.anil geonka :9821022665

i too need one 250 gb HDD..looking for the same model as above (ie-ST3250310AS)

anyone knows a dealer or someone who will give us a good discount if buy 4-5 pieces ??Prime is selling it for 2825 ..anyone with a better price ..try arranging a GO naah ??

apitroda said:
Is this HDD faster than the Western Digital Raptor ADFD 150 GB???

I guess it would offer comparable sequential read and write speeds due to the fact that it is a single platter with PMR. So essentially, more data comes under the read/write head. But PMR drives have inherently slow seek(time taken to position HDD head over data for read).

Faster seek would only make a difference in extremely fragmented volumes in my opinion. The other benefits the 250GB offers are lower power consumption, more capacity and less price.

Back