Car & Bike ICE in the range of 15K

Superbad

Skilled
need some recommendation for ICE in my scorpio.

budget is max upto 15K.

considerations :Head unit should be able to take in future upgrades (amp, woofer for future)

component speakers in front door (2-way or 3-way ?/brand?)

oval speakers at the back (in the box below the seat in middle row/side doors?)

amp needed for such a setup? since it is without a sub for now.

suggestions with brand and model numbers are welcome.

thanks for reading .

i am also in search of ICE setup for my fabia and in Motor Concept Rajouri garden delhi and this is what they offer to me-:

1. HU-: Kenwood 2DIN 5120 for Rs.8800/=

2. front speakers-: Rockford instead of stock speakers also i dont know whether thy component, oval or coaxial. A pair of them for Rs.5500/=

3. Back Speakers-: i decided to be the stock one.

I haven't installed this setup, i am just checking whether is this good in the same range (i.e. 15K)

Sorry to OP i am not hijacking your thread just don't want to create new thread.

My suggestion would be (generic),
  1. Get a single DIN HU with a good quality moulding, it would be cheaper and give you more money for speakers. Non-touch 2 DIN HUs are unnecessarily expensive (unless you want to pay that price for looks)
  2. Do understand that components have low bass. If you like that then go ahead else stick to Coaxials.
  3. For HU, as a rule, stick to pioneer. Trust me they are better than anything any other company can throw at it. Personal experience plus numerous tips I have received over the years.

#Superbad In that budget you can only get front + rear speakers and HU. For rear, buy RF ovals. For front get RF components. Ange get a single DIN pioneer HU with moulding.

You could also get Kicker speakers but I would rate RF higher.

Amp would be good addition no doubt, but except for the crappy JBL entry level ones, it would set you back 12K atleast.

If you want to add a sub then it would set you back 25K. Why? Because it needs a monoblock amp. Eg. RF Monoblock + RF Sub = 24K.

I would not be able advise if you are looking at a entry level setup as I have no clue about it. I tend to upgrade in batches, like for now I am using my old Helix amp with helix rear coaxials and the only thing I have bought is a Polk Component for 14K with multiple dampening sheets. This was in october last year and time is coming to get some deadening done with a sub setup...

^Not really true, you get auditor amps (focal subsidiary) between 5-10k and around 10k you get Focal and Digital designs amps.

Also about the components they do have some that go really low and can eclipse a sub even. You can look at PHD or HAT which have a lot of bass. anyway thats a generic statement, most of the coaxes are boomy, where as components have tighter bass and crisp mids and highs. Again everything depends on the listeners preferences.

Personally I find pioneer bright sounding
<
Prefer something laid back like blaupunkt. Pity they shut shop

Err. I Had given up hopes for replies and suddenly so many replies.

Had gone to ramie2400 on t-bhp to get my install done.

Bought pioneer 6390

power bass 2-way components

and illusion 3-way coaxials at the rear.

Still in burn in period but They have started to sound sweet for me now.

Many shop owners said that auditor loose their tightness in components very quickly over period of usage and the same was said by ramie too.

Happy for now, lets see how long i can hold with this setup.

^Not really true, you get auditor amps (focal subsidiary) between 5-10k and around 10k you get Focal and Digital designs amps.

Also about the components they do have some that go really low and can eclipse a sub even. You can look at PHD or HAT which have a lot of bass. anyway thats a generic statement, most of the coaxes are boomy, where as components have tighter bass and crisp mids and highs. Again everything depends on the listeners preferences.

Personally I find pioneer bright sounding
<
Prefer something laid back like blaupunkt. Pity they shut shop

I have heard the sub setup you mentioned, but it wasn't to my liking.

True that there are components which have very good lows but they compromise on highs and mids which is not really worth it.

True that, its all about the listeners preference, that is why always audition your setup before making the final decision.

Err. I Had given up hopes for replies and suddenly so many replies.

Had gone to ramie2400 on t-bhp to get my install done.

Bought pioneer 6390

power bass 2-way components

and illusion 3-way coaxials at the rear.

Still in burn in period but They have started to sound sweet for me now.

Many shop owners said that auditor loose their tightness in components very quickly over period of usage and the same was said by ramie too.

Happy for now, lets see how long i can hold with this setup.

Cool. So, did ramie suggest that you start saving for an amp, or it isn't needed? Whats the RMS for the front components?

Edit:

And can you please give the brand, model number and pricing for:

HeadUnit

Components

Coaxials

Wiring

Labour

Me in the same boat

Yes . He told me to start saving for amp and sub.

He quoted me a budget of around 15k for those if i wish to get it done further down the line since my car has more cc to fill as compared to a sedan.

the HU was preferred since it has a better eq settings.

Others in similar price range has just 3 band eq control.

The hU has separate hpf and lpf settings too.

So for the future the high to low converter need not be used.

The front components are powerbass S-6C titanium

rms from the website mentions it to be :70/210W (continuous/peak)

http://www.powerbassusa.com/s-6c-65-components

the ones at the back are oval coaxials the Illusion El693.

They are to be used as sound filler.

If upgrade done it would be a 4ch amp in bridge config

2 to front and the rest 2 to the sub.

There is decent bass already and i have uptill now have hardly Gone above sound level 10.

The front comp costed me 4.8k and the rear ovals around 4.5k.

HU :pIONEER 1din 6390.

Mdf Box for the rear speakers :800

spacer rings for front components :450

wiring and labour :450.

^Thanks for the info.

Searched for these in Chandigarh. Sadly no one here stocks powerbass or illusion.

Went to SK motors first, but he was so rude. I asked "Sir you have powerbass components, or Illusion coaxials?". He was like "!!?!? You want powerbass? They cost over 25k. And illusion isnt a brand" Upon my polite clarification and explanation, and asking that if he can procure these models in 3-4 days if I gave him advance payment, he got even more angrier, saying "I don't keep unbranded desi maal, which people sell just to monopolise. I keep good brands like fusion, polk, hertz which are available everywhere. His attitude was over the top. I was like "Ya right" and I simply walked out the shop, which now on will get my last preference in Car audio.

Then I went to CarLife, and was amazed by his politeness, pricing and low-fi to hi-fi variety. He has unbeatable pricing on the Hertz, Digital design, JBL, pio, etc. Highly recommended for Chandigarh fellows.

Got JVC KD-x40 fitted from CarLife today (replacing my old Sony CDX-v5800 HU), and it has completely changed my point of view towards my existing sony speakers. They sound 6-7times better!!! (I'm not exaggerating)

Though, rear coaxials and front coaxials will be upgraded very soon. Just searching for a model with punchy tight bass, and overall sound clarity.

On topic, budget ICE builds should seriously consider JVC KD-x40 @ 4.3k. Unbeatable for its feature-set.

I have heard it anything apart from sony in car audio will sound better.

My combo was Done because i will add An amp and sub later maybe a year down the line.

So i wanted components which would sound acceptable even without an amp in the meanwhile.

So choosed powerbass.

If you are planning to go for an amp along with the components you can also go for rockford fosgate, kicker brands.

Had auditioned Them especially the kicker components and they did sound good with an amp and had decent bass without connecting a sub.

Then he connect a Jbl dual sub and then the output was just rocking.

It was another shop who was doing the install and his prices were good only drawback being He does without B &W. Just the dealer warranty.

The advantage with ramie being i just have to call him beforehand If i had problem with the setup and He would arrange a replacement off the shelf and into the car.

Yup, Sony are usually the worst. Back then in 2005, we din't used to have much options or knowledge, and hence had opted for the maximum RMS speakers we could find. As result, my sony HU wasn't able to drive these at all. Now the JVC Hu also seems to struggle as it's just supplying 20w rms to a speaker pair asking for 100w rms. I guess il add an amp first, check the output of these oldies, and then think about upgrading all four speakers.

Now I need basic Amp suggestion @5k

OT:

2nbx8qc.jpg

2dl54k.jpg

Better looking than today's speakers
tongu23e.gif

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]FEATURES [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Peak Power: 350W[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Rated Input Power: 100W[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Frequency Response: 27Hz-30kHz[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Sensitivity: 93dB/W/m [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]WOOFER [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• HOP Cone[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Strontium Ferrite Magnet[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Cloth Edge [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]MID-RANGE [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• 66mm Paper Cone[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• 55mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]TWEETER [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• 25mm PEI Balanced Dome[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• Piezo Magnet .[/font]

Yup, Sony are usually the worst. Back then in 2005, we din't used to have much options or knowledge, and hence had opted for the maximum RMS speakers we could find. As result, my sony HU wasn't able to drive these at all. Now the JVC Hu also seems to struggle as it's just supplying 20w rms to a speaker pair asking for 100w rms. I guess il add an amp first, check the output of these oldies, and then think about upgrading all four speakers.

Now I need basic Amp suggestion @5k

OT:

2nbx8qc.jpg

2dl54k.jpg

Better looking than today's speakers
tongu23e.gif

FEATURES

• Peak Power: 350W

• Rated Input Power: 100W

• Frequency Response: 27Hz-30kHz

• Sensitivity: 93dB/W/m

WOOFER

• HOP Cone

• Strontium Ferrite Magnet

• Cloth Edge

MID-RANGE

• 66mm Paper Cone

• 55mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet

TWEETER

• 25mm PEI Balanced Dome

• Piezo Magnet .

you seem to be registered @TAI recently . ping some of those Active ICE members there. the would surely help you.
happy19.gif

Edit: just saw your spoiler content

my Illusion EL693 are rated for 500W RMS.
<

Back