ICICI B2 Banking - True Internet Banking

Gaurish

ex-Mod
b2_logo.gif
icici_b2_logo.gif

Unhappy with your bank's crippled net banking facility? How many times have you have wished that you had a fully featured Internet banking service which has all the features which would help you transact on the Internet smartly. want to change to another bank's net banking service but don't want ditch your old savings account.

ICICI bank has product which they call "b2 Branch Banking".It is a fully online direct banking service in which everything is done online, zero transaction charges on the savings account, no cheque book, no branch access, savings account with quantum optima facility. It is too simple, easy and saves your time

http://www.b2.icicibank.com

Ps: Posting it here, many TE members don't have a Credit card but still want to shop online. Hope it helps:eek:hyeah:

i've signed up. as far as i could tell this account is pretty clean. will know more details as and when i get swindled by icici :lol:

ICICI savings account internet banking requires a debit card digits for authenticating transactions.

So how does the b2 branch free banking achieve the same process while debit card is not provided ??

Kuantum said:
ICICI savings account internet banking requires a debit card digits for authenticating transactions.

So how does the b2 branch free banking achieve the same process while debit card is not provided ??

They sent you a similar card with just the numbers for authentication. It wont function as a debit card.

@Checksum

Using this account from 3months, No Hidden charges

Kuantum said:

They issue a B2 Security Card instead.

Yeah even i might try..

Actually i tried filling the app form and it got stuck @Step 4 i.e Terms and Conditions.. It just kept on repeating that i am suppose to read whole Terms and Conditions before proceeding.. Infact i ended up reading all of it, still the script won't stop..

Will try with I.E tomorrow..Was using Opera

Any Charges for VCC or any other facilities?

Gaurish ICICI bank has tendency to charge for MOST of services. For first year of Account, they charge at the end of year & than from next year (2nd year) in April month each year.

The only reason i have an ICICI Account is because i use its internet banking facility quite often plus the debit card but i have decided to close my account because i can't maintain a 10k balance being a student :/

NeXT said:
The only reason i have an ICICI Account is because i use its internet banking facility quite often plus the debit card but i have decided to close my account because i can't maintain a 10k balance being a student :/

move to HDFC - only 2500/- minimum balance requirement.

Emperor said:
Any Charges for VCC or any other facilities?

Gaurish ICICI bank has tendency to charge for MOST of services. For first year of Account, they charge at the end of year & than from next year (2nd year) in April month each year.

I agree with you,

But Direct banking is fairly new concept in india. Hence ICICI hasn't been taxing on it.

NeXT said:

For Internet banking use B2 and for Debit card use SBI.

thats what i do:hap2:

Back