Icon Files

red_devil

Disciple
Recently in one of the threads here I saw a guy's post which had screenshot of his TV shows collection and each of the folders had their customized icons. [something similar to a CD cover]

I quite like the idea and searched on google for the icon files of some of the movies I have on my pc. But I couldn't any. So can anyone tell me where I can I find folder icons for hollywood movies?

Or if I've to make them myself how do I do that?

PS: i searched on Deviantart as well.. didn't find what I need

You can take a screenshot of the movie , and then use a jpg to icon converter or something similar to convert image to an icon.
Then you can use icon packager or soemthing similar to change icons for particular folders.
Or you can search for movie CD covers, they are quite suitable for movie icons.
Also give me a link to the thread you are referring to, would like to see it.

red_devil said:
Recently in one of the threads here I saw a guy's post which had screenshot of his TV shows collection and each of the folders had their customized icons. [something similar to a CD cover]

I quite like the idea and searched on google for the icon files of some of the movies I have on my pc. But I couldn't any. So can anyone tell me where I can I find folder icons for hollywood movies?

Or if I've to make them myself how do I do that?

PS: i searched on Deviantart as well.. didn't find what I need

search deviantart again. there are many there.

Search for 'movie dvd icons', it falls under Customization>>Icons category. I couldn't find many for bluray ones though.

@deaddevil - Look in 'The Desktop Thread' in Graphics section.

^ just searched that section. has a few icons. But not the ones i'm looking for. Thanks anyway :)

Btw, can someone tell me how I can make those icons myself?

what is that iconpackager which deaddevil mentioned?

^^Iconpackager is a software from stardock, but it will help you replace icons,
if you want to create icons, try downloading a image to icon converter, then choose a movie picture that you like and make it an icon.
if you want more customised icons, you can use photoshop, download icon plugin, cut the movie image, and keep background transparent, then convert to icon, and you will get an awesome icon...

Back