Graphic Cards Ideal GFX card for existing config.

Um... looks like the motherboard is kaput as well.
What board - that I can buy today - will support Core 2 Duo E8200?

EDIT: How about this (Gigabyte GA-G41M)?

Last edited:
Why spend 5k for an obsolete board. Would suggest you upgrade your system to a Core i3 based system at least and buy a used graphics card to use for a short time till you have funds to upgrade to a better graphics card.

I'm trying to finish it for as low as possible.
I think I'm aware that it's outdated.
It's either this or 40k on a completely new system.

Will it work with GTX 650 and DDR2 RAM?
Since the board supports low-level DDR3 also, I'll be upgrading to it later.

A new set up isn't 40k as you will just need proc + ram + mobo. You can even keep your existing card till you get money for a new one.

A core i3 + motherboard + 4 GB DDR3 will run you about 15k. Plus you can reduce a few k's if you sell your existing processor and ram.

However the choice is yours. The G41 should work with your current set up but for 5.3k you don't get stuff like 6 GB/s SATA or even USB 3.0 which any modern motherboard for around that much will give you.

I had a similar situation finally end up buying IB Pentium and motherboard combo at 6.6k instead of opting for a highly over priced motherboard. Granted the combo has no Sata 3 or usb 3.0 but I don't need them anyway so recommeding Op to add a little extra and sell his current cpu to get at-least 2 / 4 GB DDR3 ram or better opt for a core i5 based HW setup which costs around 16k without ram.

40k is including a cabinet, PSU (Haswell-supporting) , Haswell Core i5, B85 chipset, GTX 650, 4GB DDR3.

Yes, kinda sucks to buy already outdated hardware, but I can keep going with this new G41, GTX 650, and DDR3 RAM.[DOUBLEPOST=1385597877][/DOUBLEPOST]Unrelated question: Do these thermal liquids expire? I have a pair (which is at least 4 years old) lying around. Best to buy new?

Plan to get a Deepcool Z5 (3 grams) paste; need to scrape off the existing.

Last edited:
temp of what ? cpu ? I think 30c idle temp is ok and you won't always need to reinstall windows after a motherboard change. Recently used a HDD with AMD setup on a new intel setup and after couple of reboots [ for driver installation ] windows is working as the way it should be :D

Back