Mac OS iDeneb 10.5.6 Problems

SharekhaN

Skilled
Hi,

I have installed ideneb leopard 10.5.6 on my PC. after a few initial tries, I got it working on my system for the most part. Sound, Lan , Video , HDDs all work without problems so far.

However it crashes on me quite a few times as well. The whole screen darens and a message comes up in the middle asking me to retsart my pc in 3 languages.

This was prominently when I tried to install the intel only installer of Opera.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong, or should change ?

my pc
e7200 C2D
Abit Ip35e
Nvidia 8800GT
2 GB Gskill
assorted HDD's.
Tia
SharekhaN

I read up and Its due to some seatbelt thing that my system panics.

How can I update my kernel to the latest one ? I think I installed 10.5.2 kernel

Reinstall the whole damn thing,.,Everything else has sideeffects that you'l spend hours to solve..

Im downloading iPC ppf5 build..hope it works well..My wireless and lan have no drivers:(

Why did u choose iDeneb?

After 4-5 Installs , I have it running perfectly now.
I installed it since it wason the osx86 page. Seemed a good enough reason.
The whole ideais that you would have to know what you are getting in to before the whole thing starts shaping out for one.

I have to say, I have never, ever, seen a more beautiful or asthetically pleasing operating system! :)

SharekhaN said:
After 4-5 Installs , I have it running perfectly now.

I installed it since it wason the osx86 page. Seemed a good enough reason.

The whole ideais that you would have to know what you are getting in to before the whole thing starts shaping out for one.

I have to say, I have never, ever, seen a more beautiful or asthetically pleasing operating system! :)

Congrats.:D

The crashes(kernel panics) you experienced earlier may have been a result of various issues ranging from unsupported kexts/kernel to wrong permissions.

In such a case to isolate the issue you can start by launching the "console" located in utilities and scanning through the system log.

Smooth operation of OS X heavily relies on correct permissions across its system files and extensions, so repairing permissions is always a better option before attempting a fresh install.

Disk utility app lets you repair permissions.

Also, you can always log on in diagnostic mode by entering "-v"on the startup. It results in text based startup which can help you isolate any errors that may occur.

At times your kext database may get corrupted, rebuilding the kext database by entering "-f" at startup ensures that all the kexts are loaded properly.

Usually this helps if you experience issues after a major system/application update.

iDeneb is fine but i'd definitely recommend iPC and XxX distros, these builds are much more efficient and up-to-date, but it still boils down to what works best for your config.

Cheers.

Sorry for bumping in SK, but do you mind pointing me towards a guide for installing OSX on a PC ? Is it possible to do so without formatting everything and losing my current Vista data? Will a P5LD2VMSE mobo do fine?

Ambar said:
Sorry for bumping in SK, but do you mind pointing me towards a guide for installing OSX on a PC ? Is it possible to do so without formatting everything and losing my current Vista data? Will a P5LD2VMSE mobo do fine?

Go to insanelymac.com/forums
Secondly, you can easily do a dual boot..there are loads of guide around..In short, simply select the partition ur installing osx to, as a primary partition, install, then make vista as primary again, add the boot entry in vista boot loader..:)
Make sure you have the mbr in the vista partition..

Ambar said:

1. Go to insanelymac forums and there are LOT of n00b friendly/useful guides in Guides and tutorials section.

2. It is possible if you have a spare disk/partition. Make sure the partition is "primary" and after you have installed the OS you can either use darwin bootloader that comes with OS X or if you mark your Vista partition "active" the vista bootloader takes charge.

3. P5LD2VMSE will be fine.

First thing you actually need to do is get familiar all the basics, and then download some latest distro like iPC 10.5.6 to get started.

SharekhaN said:
I read up and Its due to some seatbelt thing that my system panics.
How can I update my kernel to the latest one ? I think I installed 10.5.2 kernel

Dude you need to replace Seatbelt kext from 10.5.5 version your problem will be solved. it not like the kernel panic is because of Opera. its because of mounting image ( DMG file ). if you can't find it PM me :)

demigod

Macinstein said:
2. It is possible if you have a spare disk/partition. Make sure the partition is "primary" and after you have installed the OS you can either use darwin bootloader that comes with OS X or if you mark your Vista partition "active" the vista bootloader takes charge.

Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is marking paritions as active ?

Also I looked around on InsanelyMac, but couldn't find a specific guide T_T. Please please give me a direct link :(

Ambar said:
Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is marking paritions as active ?

Also I looked around on InsanelyMac, but couldn't find a specific guide T_T. Please please give me a direct link :(
It points the bios to which partion to boot the os from..If you have vista in c and linux in d and you select c, then it wil load windows.

I installed iDeneb and the damn thing didn't even install darwin! If I need to boot into mac, I've to insert the dvd, and set rd=disk1s9 everytime.

P.S: The sound and network on my IP35-E don't work even though the patches are installed. Maybe I should try Voodoo 9.5.0 instead of the default 9.6.0

Checksum, Download chameleon latest release, and install it from leopard..That shud fix the boot issues..

I suggest people go for iPC distro, its much more comprehensive and stable..

Checksum said:
I installed iDeneb and the damn thing didn't even install darwin! If I need to boot into mac, I've to insert the dvd, and set rd=disk1s9 everytime.

P.S: The sound and network on my IP35-E don't work even though the patches are installed. Maybe I should try Voodoo 9.5.0 instead of the default 9.6.0

Maybe the OS partition isn't set as active or there is some issue with the partition table.

If you've installed the correct kexts i don't see a reason why they shouldn't work, probably you need you a run a permission repair or reload kext database.

Booting with a "-f" flag reloads the kexts database ensuring proper loading of all necessary kexts.

Remember DO NOT select more than one driver that installs the same kexts! For example,do not select 2 AppleHDA audio drivers, etc. This is most cases is a cause for hardware left undetected.

And i won't really vouch for the voodoo kernel, its tuned mostly around non-intel hardware and other unsupported configs, latest version of the default apple kernel is your best bet here.

+1 to the suggestion to try some better builds like iPC and XxX.

1. I've already tried installing chameleon separately, and that didn't help either.

2. @Macinstein, I've installed the OS properly cause I can boot into it. Only darwin hasn't been installed properly.

^ Maybe, but still debatable. Haven't heard about 'Psystar' and the whole case with Apple?

Above that, it depends on where you are. Its not at all illegal where I am, though I use Mac OS on a Mac. I will be building an OSx86 at some point though.
----------

Also, now people can put in Mac OS w/o violating DMCA. So the only issue remaining is an 'Apple' labeled machine as a requirement. Slap in an Apple sticker and you're good to go. ;)

Back