Audio IEM Brainwavz M2 replacement suggestion?

djvirus

Disciple
Hello All,

My M2 left side is gone. i think there was small stretch inside my bag caused the wire to come out a little bit. I owned this IEM since July 1 2011!! .. oh yes i've had them for 2 yrs and counting and the best one's i've owned. Although i do wish to purchase them again, however i need some suggestions in some other brands as they are so many out there now for the same price bracket. For me the punchy basslines and the mid's are very very important as i even listen to vinyl's as well. Although the M2's are a tad bit closed on the mid's, it sufficed for me. Hence would require your suggestions if there's anything else that is better than the M2.

@PristineNote : is it possible to repair them or just buy new one's? I remember picking this up for 2600 or 2400/- im not too sure. right now i currently see its in the 3k range.

Vsonic Gr06!! only iem comes to my mind for the signature you are looking for. had a pair for few months. very comfy and excellent build. impactful bass and goes deep. handles fast paced music pretty well. mids are the main focus with nice texture and warmness yet very much detailed. treble extends good with some sparkle. i guess what you would add up over m2 would be a better soundstage and layering as well.

If you need something with local warranty you could go for the M2 again or try Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 , it has pretty good quantity of tight bass and warm midrange which is not as congested as M2 but more open.. also slightly better treble and soundstage.

It has already received better ratings than the M2 by Joker on head-fi which is a good 1-1.5k more than C-12.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...-acoustics-elements-c-12-added-08-22-13-p-753

*ratings chart on first page of thread.

Vsonic Gr06!! .....
Thanks for the info, however whose stocking these in India and how much would a pair cost? Im still over the reviews

If you need something with local warranty you could go for the M2 again or try Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 , it has pretty good quantity of tight bass and warm midrange which is not as congested as M2 but more open.. also slightly better treble and soundstage.

It has already received better ratings than the M2 by Joker on head-fi which is a good 1-1.5k more than C-12.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...-acoustics-elements-c-12-added-08-22-13-p-753

*ratings chart on first page of thread.

Thanks for the info. would consider it as well, just going thru the reviews. Will contact you further. However what worries me is the cabling as it doesnt look as strong as the M2.

Thanks for the info. would consider it as well, just going thru the reviews. Will contact you further. However what worries me is the cabling as it doesnt look as strong as the M2.

The cable is pretty strong with 10 strands of copper wires twisted together for strength . That is the reason you see the snake skin like finish on the cable. :).

Thanks for the info, however whose stocking these in India and how much would a pair cost? Im still over the review
Chek with Hifinage..thy wer in stock few months back

However what worries me is the cabling as it doesnt look as strong as the M2.
Dont worry about cables on c12.. its very strong.. can vouch for it as i have one. Do consider these as nothin comes close to it in terms of bass;). Sound on these feels a level ahead for what they are priced!! definitely a better choice than m2 again.

Chek with Hifinage..thy wer in stock few months back
Dont worry about cables on c12.. its very strong.. can vouch for it as i have one. Do consider these as nothin comes close to it in terms of bass;). Sound on these feels a level ahead for what they are priced!! definitely a better choice than m2 again.

Just went to their site, seems that the m2 and vsonic gr6 are closely priced. I may have to pick this up maybe after few months. Looks like i might have to go in for c12 for now.

^no they arent.. gr06 would be a level up in sound. the price you see on hifinage is without taxes. Once you checkout,tax adds up & for gr06, it goes to arnd 4.1k or so. Though the price was fine but that was a downer for me as i feel there shouldnt be any hidden prices. So i happned to get it from a TEmember.
The M2s now are surely overpriced a lot.
C12 would be a good go.

^no they arent.. gr06 would be a level up in sound. the price you see on hifinage is without taxes. Once you checkout,tax adds up & for gr06, it goes to arnd 4.1k or so. Though the price was fine but that was a downer for me as i feel there shouldnt be any hidden prices. So i happned to get it from a TEmember.
The M2s now are surely overpriced a lot.
C12 would be a good go.

Thanks for the help 5fusion. Should be ordering them next month.

@PristineNote : kindly pm me if there's any special price for the c12 at the moment. Thanks.

Back