Audio IEM of around 1k

gupta.keshav

Disciple
I am looking to buy IEM mostly to be used while travelling in Delhi metros. I don't have any idea about specific technical terms related to sound :p, so it should be an overall good performer.. :)
Budget: 1-1.3k
PS: I am looking to buy from a site which provides COD facility, so a link to a good deal providing COD would be nice. :). Or otherwise I'll buy locally.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that an IEM with mic would be better.. :)

Looks nice. But I have been reading about Sound Magic alot in this forum, is this better than Sound Magic? Also I have heard about Skullcandy, nothing good in them in this budget?

How is Sound Magic MP21? Its got a mic as well. Is it worth the extra bucks it costs over Tekfusion - Twinwoofers considering only the sound aspect and not the mic which MP21 has. :)

@abhi_jollyguy,

You now need to use @ symbol for mentions :)

No! I have not heard MP21 / PL21. I do have PL11 and Tekfusion.

Hi could you tell me the following things buddy if possible:

- How does its sound quality & sound stage compare with SM E30 / PL30 ? How much did you buy it for ?

- How is Tekfusion in terms of build quality / is it reliable & who handles RMA for them in India or Mumbai specifically ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What I think that SM E30 would be better than the Tekfusion, bass would be better, can't say about mids. treble would be on the brighter side in tekfusion. Soundstage I guess will be better on E30

What I think that SM E30 would be better than the Tekfusion, bass would be better, can't say about mids. treble would be on the brighter side in tekfusion. Soundstage I guess will be better on E30

Thanks for replying. :)

I have dropped the idea of even considering it after checking the overly positive reviews at flipkart & other sites, something's wrong with them.

I have cancelled out Tekfusion since I have decided I'll be buying one with "mic". So, please tell me accordingly.. :)

You should also specify which handset are you going to use them with because IEMs with mic are not compatible with every handset.

Hi could you tell me the following things buddy if possible:

- How does its sound quality & sound stage compare with SM E30 / PL30 ? How much did you buy it for ?
- How is Tekfusion in terms of build quality / is it reliable & who handles RMA for them in India or Mumbai specifically ?

In general, TW is a departure from the regular bass heavy signature found in entry level / budget IEMs. You can find my impressions on Tekfusion TW in the link found in my signature. I have written a few posts on E30 as well. If you have any more specific queries, feel free to ask - as long as the OP does not mind.

I have cancelled out Tekfusion since I have decided I'll be buying one with "mic". So, please tell me accordingly.. :)

MP21 - though I've not heard seems to be a good choice. There's then E10M, but it costs more than your budget.

@gupta.keshav the SoundMAGIC MP21 are a spin-off of their non-mike equipped sibling the PL-21 and in many ways I liked the PL-21 a lot [I gifted to a friend].

It is quite a unique IEM under the ~1500/- price-mark most importantly it is not all bass and squished trebles and crashing highs [though the highs are not a strong point]. They have a well detailed and fast paced bass section, decent trebles although pushed back by the beautiful bass and the vocals layered in between the two was good enough in my books. On high volumes [which I do not recommend] the highs quickly become chaotic and crash [especially the high-hats and crash-hats used in Alternative and Metal music], till around 70% of the volume level the overall package given by these is excellent.

In fact if I had not heard the BRAINWAVZ M2 after these, they would still have been reigning on the bass charts for me. Under ~999/- the PL-21 is an absolute delight to a balanced listener. I would suggest their cousins without a hitch except that I would like to warn that the build quality on these is strictly average.

In light of your budget I would suggest you go for these OR the SoundMAGIC E30 OR E10M [if you can forsake the mike].

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

@gupta.keshav

I think the mic will work with the Android devices also. As per this forum thread it is working with the Android phones. In some other forum I read that it is working with Nexus One too. Google it, you'll find more information.

@gupta.keshav

I think the mic will work with the Android devices also. As per this forum thread it is working with the Android phones. In some other forum I read that it is working with Nexus One too. Google it, you'll find more information.

Thanks for telling.. :)

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I found out MP21 listed for Rs.1263 on Indiatimes. But I have heard really bad reviews about them. So, is there any better deal going on somewhere else or shall I try buying from them only using COD(it ain't costing me any money na till they deliver it.. ;) )

gupta.keshav

I have gone through several online stores, the prices are higher than what Indiatimes is quoting. Only flipkart is offering COD option but the price is too high. Indiatimes price is the best but I never did shopping with this website.

SMC International is selling the MP21 at Rs. 1125+100(shipping) from the dealer section. Try to contact them but I guess you have to pay first to receive the IEM.

Back