Audio IEMs at 600/- and 1.5k/- range

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a pair of IEMs, one upto 500-600/- range, and the other upto 1500/-

1) 500-600/- range
I've read most of the recent threads requesting for IEM info, and the most common response has been either:
a) JVC Marshmallows (HAFX34)
b) SM ES18
But which is better among the two - Build Quality, SQ, Accessories etc?
And how different is the HAFX34 from the HAFX35 (which is almost double the price at around 1k), seeing that both are called JVC Marshmallows? I also saw one website offering the HAFX35 for 550 + shipping, so am tempted to place an order with them, though I am unsure of its reliability..

Also how is the Panasonic RP-HJE120E? It has got some decent reviews and is damn cheap. But how would it compare with the above two?

2) 1500/- range
Again from the other threads, I can see that the following are recommended by fellow TEs:
a) SM PL21
b) SM MP21
c) SM PL30
d) Meelectronics M6 (where can I get these by the way?)

Which would be the best among these, or can you recommend any other IEMs at around this price range?
Btw, does anyone have any first-hand experience with the VSonic GR02? Some of the reviews that I read even gave it a 10/10..
Even using Ebay with international shipping, it comes to only around 1.8k. Wouldn't mind slightly relaxing the price restriction if the IEMs were that good :)

About my musical preferences, I would like sound clarity with good bass, not particularly interested in overpowering bass. I listen to mostly rock music, but I would love an IEM that can bring out the various facets of music, within my budget of course :bleh:

Help me out here guys, hundreds of earphones and confused as to which one to pick, and if available in India. Already spent a week researching on this :scared14:

600: Here's a thread about JVC Marshmallows: [Multi-Review] Examining the JVC Marshmallow, HA-FX33/34/35/30

I think build quality of ES18 and FX-34 all things considered would be somewhat on par. FX-34 came with one foam tip when I bought them, ES18 comes with three sizes of single flange and a string draw pouch. From whatever I remember of FX-34, I'd have to say ES18 is better in SQ.

1500: All those models are old and none of them come with 14 pairs of tips. Take a walk outside the SoundMagic - Brainwavz territory. You can get GR02 Bass Edition and tell us if it's as good as they say ;)

On MEE M6, I posted some information here

Locally available choices would be E10, E30 and M1. E10 and E30 are newer generation revisions of the PL series.

Thanks @esanthosh ,
ES18 it is then. Ill probably buy two and gift one to my sister. Off to find PristineNote to badger him for a discount.. :bleh:

Regarding the GR02, will there be any problems with customs if I order from lendmeurears? Haven't done any international shopping before..
Could you direct me to those threads on how to handle Indian customs while ordering internationally, or does Ebay handle this part?
Any other websites that do international shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Customs - Only customs knows.

I have 3+1 (one for another FM here) packages delivered safely from Lendmeurears without any issues and duties. They know about Indian 'conditions' and make the packing as obscure as possible. So, there's a huge chance that you won't pay customs.

See this thread about what customs usually ask and how to respond: http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...z-m4-available-60-off-132490/p12/#post1668996. There are many here, who have had at least one run-in with customs, so there will be help, just in case.

Just to bring this thread to closure, I finally got the ES18 from Indiatimes Shopping, and the GR02 Bass from Ebay (via lendmeurears)
Thanks to the suggestions from @esanthosh

Just to bring this thread to closure, I finally got the ES18 from Indiatimes Shopping, and the GR02 Bass from Ebay (via lendmeurears)
Thanks to the suggestions from @esanthosh
Can you tell how much GR02 costed with all shipping and customs?And how many days for delivery?
Please share the ebay link also for that

Can you tell how much GR02 costed with all shipping and customs?And how many days for delivery?
Please share the ebay link also for that

Total came to 2072/- including currency conversion charges, and excluding any customs duties that may be charged depending on where you are located. They are selling for 36usd shipped. This is where I got it from:
Vsonic GR02 Bass | eBay

You can also get it for 2060/- from an online store called Hifinage, though I haven't purchased anything from them before. But you will be able to avoid any customs duties...
http://hifinage.com/index.php/vm?pa...egory_id=28&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=43

abhi_jollyguy
do you own a store, or just selling what you have?
Edit: I'm assuming you're the one who owns Hifinage? (Just checked the 'About-Us' page)

@samwisedabrave In How Many Days You Received Es18 And Which Color ?

I did mention this in the Indiatimes thread under Hot Deal and Discussions sub-forum.
I got the ES18s in around 6-7 days. The color was the red one, though I did not get an option to choose the color.
If you are particular about the color, you can try to contact SMC-International on this forum. He is the vendor on Indiatimes Shopping for SoundMagic IEMs (as shown in my invoice)..

Total came to 2072/- including currency conversion charges, and excluding any customs duties that may be charged depending on where you are located. They are selling for 36usd shipped. This is where I got it from:
Vsonic GR02 Bass | eBay

You can also get it for 2060/- from an online store called Hifinage, though I haven't purchased anything from them before. But you will be able to avoid any customs duties...
http://hifinage.com/index.php/vm?pa...egory_id=28&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=43

abhi_jollyguy
Edit: I'm assuming you're the one who owns Hifinage? (Just checked the 'About-Us' page)

We own the HiFiNage :)

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

abhi_jollyguy
Will you be sourcing GR06 as well , if yes how soon

Let's see how things will go :)

Vsonic GR02 Bass | eBay

abhi_jollyguy

great stuff on hifinage but when i checkout the final price is 2327 not 2060rs any discount pls?

Back