Audio IEM's matching sound output of PL11 ?

Guys,

I own a PL11 and I really love the bass and sound quality. I am not an audiophile, so even a sub Rs.700/- IEM feels heaven for me :sleep:

Now I want to buy something which is bit better than PL11 and equal or marginally less in bass than PL11.

My budget Rs.500 to Rs.800. Can increase it upto 1k if any IEM is worth it.

I have shortlisted Audio Technica ATH-CKL200. Is it worth getting it, as I am getting it at Rs.700 shipped from Snapdeal.

Which other IEM can be considered?

At that pricepoint, I think no other IEM can give you same amount of bass like PL-11. The Creative EP-630 can be considered, but it would be probably more like a side-grade than up-grade. I believe the JVC Marshmellows have a clearer signature, but they are not bass-heavy.

The PL-21 has a decent amount of bass (I suppose it's still lesser than PL-11), with clearer signature, but I think they're above >1k.

if you can sacrifice a bit of punchy bass,then the soundmagic pl10 is one quality iem.to be honest,it gives iem's twice or thrice the cost a run for their money.
i think if you are looking for an upgrade,i suggest you to increase your budget around 2 to 3 k and then you will have a positive difference in soundquality and overall soundstage.
another point is that iem's around 2 k to 3k have relatively better build quality and thus can be used for a long time[obviously there are a few exceptions]

my suggestion - get the m2 and forget about it:annoyed:

vantheman5211 I have SM PL10 which I have got for a friend. I found it less punchy than PL11. Does it require a burn in time? I wont spend 2k to 3k on an IEM, coz I am a rough user:happy26: as long as someone gifts it to me.

Gryph0n I would opt for PL21 in case I dont find anything worth now in 1k range.

Dont you guys have any idea of ATH CKL200?

esanthosh Kindly help

Is your budget very strict? Would you consider 2K+ IEMs at this point? Local buy only?

I personally have no idea about the CKL200.

E10 is an upgrade to PL11, but I am yet to compare them side by side. Will try to do that tonight (along with ES18) and update you. But, I think that you can keep that as an upgrade option.

@chiragsthakur abhe,a 2 odd k iem is more likely to sustain rough usage than a sub 1 k iem.take for example the brainwavz m2 which has a hard plastic sort of wire and the overall build quality is top notch,much better than the rubbery wire that the soundmagic comes with.
i have been using the m2 for 2 and a half years before i lost it.in terms of build quality,it was much better than some of the high end iem's i used.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you suggesting M2 for build quality or sound stage?
abhe,a 2 odd k iem is more likely to sustain rough usage than a sub 1 k iem.take for example the brainwavz m2 which has a hard plastic sort of wire and the overall build quality is top notch,much better than the rubbery wire that the soundmagic comes with.
i have been using the m2 for 2 and a half years before i lost it.in terms of build quality,it was much better than some of the high end iem's i used.

buildquality,soundstage,unbelievable bass and most of all its the best iem i have used- even better than a few iem's which set me back by twice the amount.
it's a relatively higher investment,but its worth it considering that the pl - xx is going to give up because it does not have the build quality to sustain hard use for a extended period of time.
m2 is made for rough use,you can use it like a freakin ape and it will still be intact.

its a fair bit inferior than the m2.m2 will give you the most value for your money in terms of sound and overall satisfaction.

And what about M1?

M1 is not an upgrade over PL11 simply because it has no bass at all from what i remember but you can consider Pro Alpha which is a sibling of M2 with lesser details.

Under 1k no iem can give you a significant upgrade over PL11 .But you can still look for Tekfusion which has a sound signature identical to PL21,you can get it on flipkart for 1.1k

I think you should consider Pro Alpha as well as M2 :)

@chiragsthakur
In that price point i have personally used a Brainwavz M1 , PL11 , EP630 and CX-180. Among these i would rate CX-180 > Brainwavz M1 > PL11 ~ EP630.
Brainwavz M1 has better sound detailing than the CX-180 but very little bass , CX-180 has more bass than M1 and more or less more than PL11 and a fun sounding signature . I would suggest you to spend 1300-1400 on a CX-180 and buy them . They have 2 years warranty , that is more than any of these other IEM's so you can get it replaced during warranty(unless physical damage ofcourse) .
P.S: This is the rating from what i have listened and might not be same for everyone :).

Last edited by a moderator:
An anecdotal rebuttal to build quality of Brainwavz IEMs: My M3 went bad in just 6 months. Given that people are claiming long lives of their IEMs without issues, I guess I got a lemon.

Back