Audio IEMs with mic for laptop.

damn

Adept
Hey guys, I'm in the market for IEMs with a mic. I'm completely lost and could use some suggestions.

My budget is ~ 1,500. I could push to 2,000 if I am getting a really good deal.

The primary purpose of the IEMs would be phone calls, other than that I would like to watch TV shows while traveling back home from work everyday. And of course a little bit of music.

I'm not too keen on bass levels but I would like a very high degree of noise isolation and high clarity. I would prefer ones that perform well without the need for an amp. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm in the market for IEMs with a mic. I'm completely lost and could use some suggestions.

My budget is ~ 1,500. I could push to 2,000 if I am getting a really good deal.

The primary purpose of the IEMs would be phone calls, other than that I would like to watch TV shows while traveling back home from work everyday. And of course a little bit of music.

I'm not too keen on bass levels but I would like a very high degree of noise isolation and high clarity. I would prefer ones that perform well without the need for an amp. Thanks in advance!

Well the SoundMAGIC MP-21 fits your budget and purpose, the noise isolation is not the best but overall a good IEM it is.

For reviews read here -- http://www.techenclave.com/topic/470386-review-soundmagic-pl-21mp-21/ / http://www.head-fi.org/t/444307/soundmagic-pl21-first-impressions-review.

Hope this helps Sire, Cheers!!

BTW which phone do you use.AFAIK the mic doesn't work with Samsung phones.It might happen that the mic won't work with your phone if the wiring is different from that of the iPhone.(The MP21 was designed for iPhones)

BTW which phone do you use.AFAIK the mic doesn't work with Samsung phones.It might happen that the mic won't work with your phone if the wiring is different from that of the iPhone.(The MP21 was designed for iPhones)
Not really particular about it working with my phone, I plan to use it purely on my laptop. Any idea if I might face issues with the mic?

Not really particular about it working with my phone, I plan to use it purely on my laptop. Any idea if I might face issues with the mic?

The iPhone's plug's pins are configured a bit differently. So out of the box, even audio will not work on normal plugs if the IEM is iPhone compatible. However I believe the MP21 also ships with a splitter cable, which can be used to connect to normal plugs. The thing I'm not sure is if both mic & music plugs can be used simultaneously via the splitter.

Back