If I import..

..a piece of hardware, how am I supposed to pay the levied taxes and receive my stuff via the regular Indian post? How much of days can it eventually take?

Tips, other than Gift and undervalue, to avoid or bring-tax-down would help too!

for stuff upto 5k they don't really bother with taxing you and themselves :p

so unless it's something BIG, you should be in the clear.

ps-other than declaring stuff as a gift/undervaluing (in itself cheating) there is no other legal way to go about saving on taxes.

if it's small like camera r even GPU they is trick to save some money it work's me all the time use nomal r not to eye-catchy box/paper n write on top of the Box "OLD XXXX" here XXXX= camera r whatever it is, make sure box not big in size.

but still there may ask you to open also happened to me twice only if there is no r proper indication on wat box contain.

Sending anything from abroad by regular post is not recommended. Go for a good courier company like DHL or send the goods by registered post.

well my uncle recently ordered a valve powered headphone amplifier from hongkong costed $350+$100 for shipping=450 US dollars,after two weeks it came to mumbai by the tracking number by EMS it was traced to mumbai,he then called mumbai EMS office and they said that it would arrive in bangalore the next day ,which it did,then after 2 days or so got a message written on a piece of paper that said "please come and collect ur parcel from the post office"the next day went and collected it, the parcel was a huge box as big as a xbox 360 box and the best part was no TAXES,since the hongkong dealer had undervalued it to about $75 upon request.further more it wasnt even insured.

Back