im getting a LEADTEK gfx card

dhruvwali

Disciple
my friend has won a Leadtek gtx460 oc edition, n hes seling it to me for 9k.
My initial combo was msi 5770 hawk + corsair vx550.
But i cudnt seem to resist this deal.

My question is, how is this card , and more importntly how is this company?

How is its waranty service in delhi?

Any issues with this manufacturer widely believd?
Please reply fast! Need to make a decision by sunday!
Thank you.

Bro I'm unawares of the current state of RMA and retails division of LeadTek in India but the GTX 460 is a great card better than HD 5770 at what price point you are getting, just make sure your friend is not taking you for a ride

here is a match up between the two cards

Bench - GPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

wait for other members to pitch their views and enjoy your super purchase if you do get a GTX 460 or if you can wait till Jan end Feb you might make it to the release of the GTX 560 :)

So is it okay if he goes for it or no I never had an experience with TAG but that can be cause I don't have Nvidia in any of my PC's :bleh:

but yeah I know this much that LeadTek is the supplier of Quaddro cards in India

Yup Leadtek is more famous for Quadro and WinFast TV cards. I didn't know they made GTX460s though. I wouldn't buy that card because I'm guessing it was won in a contest so I don't think it will have warranty.

You are better off buying a 2nd hand GTX460 from the members market just for the sake of having warranty.

^^

I don't think winning a product voids warranty I won mobile way back when I was in 10th Samsung honored the policy when it went Kaput in 1st year of college

i talked to big byte corp , they said if the necessary warranty stickers are present on the card , they will honor the warranty for 3 years :) :).... now how is the card itself ?? any idea ? heating issues?
also im not sure if this is the right place but ,
i bought a delta 120mm fan with 120cfm!! but when i connect it to the rear fan header of my intel dg41ty , the fan doesnt get detected at all!!!
not in the bios / speedfan.... when i switch on the coputer during the initial 2 seconds it runs fine , but then it stops running altogether!! kya karun?

RD274 said:
Generally you don't get warranty for a product you 'won'
Why no warranty for a won card?? Does winning mean losing warranty...?? This is Cheating.... That is completely unacceptable... :O

I know a person who won a Nokia C3 in the Facebook contest. But he is getting full 1 year warranty support according to Nokia India.

Now, the GTX 460 is a very good card. And though I have never used Leadtek personally, their Quadro Series have survived the market for ages!!! :p

But if u are not getting any warranty, I would suggest u opt for another card. :(

nehaladsul said:
Why no warranty for a won card?? Does winning mean losing warranty...?? This is Cheating.... That is completely unacceptable... :O

Well I won a Roccat Pyra in a Dealer run contest on TE last year. Yup, you guessed it ... they are not entertaining warranty on that product. :S

Back