I'm Mac... Unibody Mac!

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Finally, I got myself a new Aluminium Macbook. :hap2:

Although Macbook Pro was my original dream, these new Macbooks are almost like mini Macbook Pro with updated configuration and same Macbook Pro aluminium looks, complete with back-lit keyboard.

Specs :
  • 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4gig DDR3 1066Mhz memory
  • 250gig SATA HDD
  • SATA DVDRW
  • 13.3" LED backlit display (1280x800)

• Illuminated backlit keyboard
  • nVidia 9400M 256mb DDR3 graphic
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Built-in iSight camera

• Wifi-N and new aluminium Unibody shell.
Enough talk... let the pictures tell story... :eek:hyeah: (as usual click on pics for bigger view.)

Beautiful Apple Packaging.

Sitting snuggly in plastic shell, with thick foam on lid for extra protection.

The Package, Macbook, Magsafe Power Adaptor with extender, CDs and Manuals in black paper envelope.

Bright backlit apple logo on notebook lid.

Beautiful piece of engineeting.

New Glass trackpad with Multi-touch capabilities. The entire trackpad works as clickable button and it'a ultra smooth to use. Once you get used to using multi-touch gestures on this, you'll wonder how you ever worked on other crappy and cramped trackpads.

Connection options : (from left) MagSafe power port, Gigabit Ethernet port, Two USB 2.0 ports, Mini DisplayPort, Audio line in, Audio line out and Kensington lock slot.

Sleep light, much better, smaller and unobstrusive than my previous iBook G4

Something I always wanted... illuminated backlit keyboard.

Another shot of illuminated keyboard.

Lovely keyboard... it's lit.

Shot of illuminated keyboard in normal room light.

New position of battery level indicator. This is much better in my opinion, rather than flipping the notebook over to check battery level while the unit is off.

On the backside, the little flip switch.

Flip the lock and pop opens the panel.

Remove the panel to access HDD for easy upgrade and on the right, under aluminium shell is the battery.

Couple more pics to come... :)

Damage : $1750 (approx 85k)

That's still $250 lesser than current base-config MBP. So I'm really happy with this purchase. I get looks and more power than previous generation MBP with portability of 13" Macbook... and money saved can be used for bigger HDD and other accessories.

Congratulations!

That's a hell of a lot of money to spend on a laptop. Question is, do you really need all that top-of-the-line hardware?

PS: Love the battery indicator photograph. It looks like the laptop is floating in mid air. Hah.

Keane16 said:
Question is, do you really need all that top-of-the-line hardware?

To be honest... not really. But, my iBook G4 was really showing it's age (5+ years of usage does that to hardware)... and working on RAW images while on move was really getting painful on it. It was long due upgrade, so I thought might as well spend good cause this will run me for another few years. :)

iGo said:
To be honest... not really. But, my iBook G4 was really showing it's age (5+ years of usage does that to hardware)... and working on RAW images while on move was really getting painful on it. It was long due upgrade, so I thought might as well spend good cause this will run me for another few years. :)
Well, if your G4 lasted for 5+ years, then I guess you're very happy with Apple and OSX and that the new MacBook is a sensible long term purchase.
Congrats again.

Back