I'm Mac... Unibody Mac!

congrats dude :) looks reallly awesome !

ive become a fan if apple's innovations :D

i guess i will get a Macbook as my first lappy :p

FaH33m said:
I guess i will get a Macbook as my first lappy

Ideally, if you really have use for it then it's absolutely worthy investment. :)

You should check this Video.

There is lot of marketing talk and stuff, but on the basic level it's really nice to know the kinds of stuff there guys do to make such beautiful engineering.

Lovely shots..and a great purchase...

You sure must have wanted that backlit KB real bad though to pay a 20K premium for it :)

Enjoi :)

iGo said:
Ideally, if you really have use for it then it's absolutely worthy investment. :)

You should check this Video.
There is lot of marketing talk and stuff, but on the basic level it's really nice to know the kinds of stuff there guys do to make such beautiful engineering.

sweeet video........was just checking your deviant art gallery........the old blues snap is amazing man!!.........have u worked on it after shooting it or its the same ?

superczar said:
You sure must have wanted that backlit KB real bad though to pay a 20K premium for it

You got that right... I mean apart from almost same config, that was the only thing (and screen size and quality) that was keeping MB apart from MBP.

Lack of firewire doesn't mean much to me, as my video cam is also USB only... Though I would have liked Expresscard slot. As for premium, I actually saved myself good 12.5k by not going for base MBP model. Not to mention, portability factor of 13" notebook. :)

Ragin Ice said:
the old blues snap is amazing man!!........have u worked on it after shooting it or its the same ?

You mean the Old Age Blues shot?? Well, it's almost the same, slight contrast and white balance adjustment.. otherwise it's almost the original shot.

Unfortunately, I haven't been active on DA for almost over an year now. Got pile of shots to be submitted, but haven't got time or proper mood to return to DA lately.

You got that right... I mean apart from almost same config, that was the only thing (and screen size and quality) that was keeping MB apart from MBP.

Lack of firewire doesn't mean much to me, as my video cam is also USB only... Though I would have liked Expresscard slot. As for premium, I actually saved myself good 12.5k by not going for base MBP model. Not to mention, portability factor of 13" notebook.

I was actually alluding to the premium over the base unibody MB

superczar said:
I was actually alluding to the premium over the base unibody MB

Yeh I know... it's quite a big difference. But I keep myself telling about the money saved against MBP and feel happy... although, yes... I did want the illuminated keyboard very badly. I mean cm'on, you know it's too damn cool to pass. :p

You mean the [URL="http://igo.deviantart.com/art/Old-Age-Blues-34955037" said:
Old Age Blues[/URL] shot?? Well, it's almost the same, slight contrast and white balance adjustment.. otherwise it's almost the original shot.
Unfortunately, I haven't been active on DA for almost over an year now. Got pile of shots to be submitted, but haven't got time or proper mood to return to DA lately.

oh yea, old age blues.......what amazing contrast man........u just get drawn towards it......amazing........its my desktop wallpaper now.......:p....

hi,
i am planning to get the same thing as you have shown up there like almost exactly the same
i have never owned a mac before and really am excited about it since i will be using in college.
but my question is, should i get the apple warranty which is like almost $200???
please let me know, it'll be great help.
thank you!!
P.S> please let me kno if there are certain accessories i really need to get along with the macbook for college use?? (i'll be majoring in sciences). thank you..

@nbl: I guess that depends on your usage, if you think by your usage, handling style you might require Apple Warranty, then by all means go for it.

I've been using iBook and now macbook, but I've never bought Apple warranty so far, so I can't really advice you for it or against it.... wait for other mac users here give their opinion.

thanks @ iGO - i am planning to buy the same as urs.

@ everyone else, This is gonna be my first ever mac purchase, and i am gonna be entering college and will be using it regularly. So, if any of you have been in similar situation...plz let me kno if i really do need to buy the Apple Care warranty and spend the 200$ on it.

thank you.

To be honest, I've seen Applecare (warranty) costing as much as 13k here... so getting it for $200 (by today's dollar rate approx 9.5k) is not a bad deal, it's a win-win. :)

In fact, I think I should also get myself one.

Back