imate SP5m for 12k - buy or not

rPOk

Adept
hi!
my friend is thinking of getting imate SP5m (costs around 11-12k). It seems a good smartphone with windows mobile 5, wifi, edge and other such stuff...
question is - if he feels the need for a smartphone, how good is this phone?
Has anyone of you used it? Does it hang up too often?
Waiting for your reviews....
thx

Imate is the best phone ive ever seen. no hangs, no bugs. my Imate jam fell of from height on the road with all the stuffs like batteries and mmc n stuffs disassembling.. the phone is not at all damaged.. fell of from my hand to floor many times. no damage. Imate = sturdyness. and yes Windows Mobile 5 rocks. and i dont think SP5 has touch screen. go for Imate. for 12k its decent price.

yeah its a decent phone, but if he wants real app support then he should go for symbian like Nokia N72, cos it simply has the widest app support

Hotstuff said:
yeah its a decent phone, but if he wants real app support then he should go for symbian like Nokia N72, cos it simply has the widest app support

^ even win mobile has a huge application base.. for almost everything u can imagine.. (all symbian apps included !!) :)

Hey rPok, from whr is he getting it for 11-12k ..:O... most sites like univercell etc. still quote a price of 18k..even if they rate it higher than actual price, its hard to imagine tht the price difference will be so steep...

Back