Import duties on buying t-shirt from US

pretttt

Skilled
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a t-shirt from jinx.com. Can someone please tell me whether import duties would be applicable for this? If so, then how much?

I've never bought t-shirts online. So I'm worried if its gonna be taxed a lot. Please guys let me know soon coz its quite urgent. Need to place the order in a couple of days.
-Thanks in advance :)

India are the largest manufacturers and exporters of ready made garments & materials, other way you are just paying 4 times & getting our own thing back.

so nice of you man, not only India but you are also thinking about the Americans, guess India needs more Rich people like you who can give business to Indians & the Americans.

This is a General Section, I WISH I CAN REP YOU :)

arjun123 said:
10% or Rs. 385 whicher is higher.
Thanks for the reply.

Hmm.. that sounds too expensive. Guess, I'll have to rethink about this then. Just the duty is more than 1/3rd the price :mad:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ashvarybabul said:
Arent there T-shirts in ur city market :huh:
malhotraraul said:
India are the largest manufacturers and exporters of ready made garments & materials, other way you are just paying 4 times & getting our own thing back.

so nice of you man, not only India but you are also thinking about the Americans, guess India needs more Rich people like you who can give business to Indians & the Americans.

This is a General Section, I WISH I CAN REP YOU :)

As for you two clowns, just because this is in the General section, doesnt mean you can troll all you want. If you have nothing worthwhile to comment, then keep your silly comments to yourself. :mad: It's none of your business if I want to buy stuff from my local city market or US. Neither is it your business if I want to give MY hard earned money to Americans or Chinese or whoever the shit I want to.

As for your inevitable replies, keep them to the PMs. Dont troll on this thread.

Mods, request you to please delete these useless posts including this. Its hard enough to get decent replies nowadays.

i once ordered 5 t shirts from US from a site and wasn't charged any duty... my order was 55 or 60 $ i think. don't know if i got lucky :/

Unless you are ordering in bulk (10 pcs+) or a high value is declared, I dont think you will attract any customs. 2-3 t shirts declared at 10$ each should be a safe bet. You can try 5 as well maybe :).

Update:
So, I decided to take the risk and placed the order anyway. I got the delivery today and there was no import duty or customs or anything extra charged. So, yay!

Thanks to all who replied! :)

pretttt said:
Update:
So, I decided to take the risk and placed the order anyway. I got the delivery today and there was no import duty or customs or anything extra charged. So, yay!

Thanks to all who replied! :)
Did u use the Express Shipping or the Normal Shipping for ordering TShirts from Jinx?

apextwin146 said:
Did u use the Express Shipping or the Normal Shipping for ordering TShirts from Jinx?
Normal Shipping. They use US Post. The US Post guys give you a tracking number which is not of much use, since they dont update the status regularly. Even then, I got the delivery in like exactly 10 days. I think that was quite fast.

Also, If you are ordering multiples, then it brings down the shipping charges, but not sure if it would attract duties.

Back