IMPORTANT : VISTA Queries/Woes

this is targetted at those people using RTM releases of windows..who have obtained it for testing...or those working as BETA testers..:eek:hyeah:
OK..everyone knows that WIN vista(any edition) can be installed without a key which gives 30 days grace period...
here is my question...
what if i set my bios date to POST date...like 12|20|2999 :rofl:
& install a new version of vista..& then after installing vista...i disable auto sync of time & then restart & go to bios & reset the time back to current date..

does that give me 30 days from today or...30 days from the 12|20|2999 ??

anyone to answer this?;)

super_saiyan said:
^has anyone actually tested this??..
i read smwhere that this would work....;)

Well even XP Beta stopped working when I tried to change the date in BIOS. So I dont see why it would not be there with Vista. Date changes are dealt with severely

I've fwd ed this query 2 1 of my frnd who is a member of the Vista Team. He told this wont work b'coz it will take the lowest(u understand d meaning the oldest date) date it gates 4m d bios. So, if accidentally if u make d date 28th October 2006, and the rectify it it'll show ur 30 days r over.

lol...so after carefull considerations...to try out the experiments on the vista compatibility i installed in Microsoft Virtual PC...now heres the funny part....the emulation sound card of virtual pc is itself not compatible with the Vista....:lol:

anyone used VMware to run vista here?

Back