All OS Imported Mobiles @ 50% Price - Should I go for it?

bking

Adept
Hey guys. So i have been looking to buy a new phone from quite some time and one day i was stumbling across olx and found some strange looking prices for what seemed to be brand new imported phones. To mention a few-

LG G4- 15k-16K
BB Z10- 5k
BB Q10- 6K
HTC M9-10k
LG G3-10k
Samsung Note 4- 18K-19K

And the list goes on.

To be honest, almost every model is available for almost half the price. FYI-this is in Delhi.

Now, the prices are very tempting but i have been wondering if there is a catch.
So has anybody bought phones from these sellers? Most of them seem to be from Karol Bagh.
What has been your experience if you have had any? The prices are ridiculously low even by ebay standards.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
Regards

The price is very less. Suggest you to visit the shop and decide, else skip it. Imported mobiles are cheaper, but I'm not sure about this.

If you find a cheaper mobile, Suggest you to import it

They are generally fakes.
I have asked them for in person pickup/cash on delivery and they have turned it down.
They always wan't online payment.

Plus it's not eBay to offer buyer protection

These are not fake but these are mostly refurbished and also 99% of these are Verizon /Sprint CDMA devices which are unlocked for GSM in India. 4G will not work in these sets.
You can go to Karol Bagh, Gaffar market, these sellers have shops there.

Nope not fake. These guys have shops in Karol Bagh and also in various places across Delhi.

@tech.addict Apart from the 4G not working, will everything else work fine or can there be other problems too? 15K for an LG G4 is very tempting. And how to determine if they are refurbs?

Ask them whether it is new or refurb through olx chat. Most of them do reply stating it is refurb. They also usually give 7 days replacement warranty.[DOUBLEPOST=1461485050][/DOUBLEPOST]Ask them whether it is new or refurb through olx chat. Most of them do reply stating it is refurb. They also usually give 7 days replacement warranty.

Ask them whether it is new or refurb through olx chat. Most of them do reply stating it is refurb. They also usually give 7 days replacement warranty.[DOUBLEPOST=1461485050][/DOUBLEPOST]Ask them whether it is new or refurb through olx chat. Most of them do reply stating it is refurb. They also usually give 7 days replacement warranty.

Thanks, will do that and see what turns out.[DOUBLEPOST=1461485311][/DOUBLEPOST]Called a guy and he said the pieces are new. He said that the pieces are mostly verizon and sprint. Are they doing contract fraud or some shit like that?

Check IMEI for back list and fraud before buying, my friend bought M8 @12k in Hyderabad, its looking new and genuine, no issues so far.
There are clones, indistinguishable from regular models easily too, be careful.

Check IMEI for back list and fraud before buying, my friend bought M8 @12k in Hyderabad, its looking new and genuine, no issues so far.

how to check if phone is stolen or not

Can you guide me on how to check that?

Can you guide me on how to check that?
IMEI.info site
Check out the box and package inserts, the box would look very local, poor printing of leaflets and brochures.
IMEI of the phone and the one printed on box don't match, or no IMEI printed on box. Check for other boxes they have, color options etc.
See the phone for tampering, boot to bootloader and see it matches the default value on the genuine phones.
Check YouTube for differentiating fake from every model

Nope not fake. These guys have shops in Karol Bagh and also in various places across Delhi.

@tech.addict Apart from the 4G not working, will everything else work fine or can there be other problems too? 15K for an LG G4 is very tempting. And how to determine if they are refurbs?
how much will a S6 cost ? i dont mind usa model with just 3g and no 4g but phone should last 2 years. will that happen ?

Back