Audio improving my hp setup on a budget?

jit_devil2

Disciple
well i have had an asus xonar dx for a long time connected to my old cheap and trusty logitech x540s.recently i got myself a pair of decent headphones from te only.the shure srh440s(really nice for my taste of music predominantly jazz blues n rock with lots of acoustic guitars).and i have to say am pretty impressed with it.

it crossed my mind to pair these babies up with a xonar stx and sell the xonar dx.

but had to refrain from the idea since sometimes friends come over and we watch movies together so shifting completely to a hp setup is not exactly an option and since the stx doesnot have 5.1 analog outputs my x540s would be rather useless.

the stx out of the scene i have a couple of options in mind.....portable amps.

Atm am running my hp's through the rear front panel analog out of my soundcard since the frontpanel doesnot sound that good.(plugging in the hps and taking them off to reconnect the speaker jack really doesnot bother me too much,my machines strategically placed :p )

now am thinking of 2 options

1.Xonar dx backpanel audio out=>fiio e5==>shure srh440

2.fiio e7 usb==>shure srh 440.(e5 in the first case because am not sure if the e7 has a 3.5mm out to 3.55 in........most places the specs say its through usb)

well will any of these above setups give me a noticeable boost to my sound-quality???

are there any alternatives in a sub 5k budget.?

thanks in advance

srh440 dont require amping ( much) ... e5 should do fine

....get your budget to 6-8 K and get yourself a better HP ( even better ....get it to 10K....hmmm....or more!!)

Back