Impulsive purchase of the century.....

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Hey guys,

Going by the number of offliners asking "where have you been karan?" i have recieved, i believe a explanation is due.

Reason:

Hehehe, purchased on 06/06/06 (woot :p)

Big review coming up soon, let us teach em `Tree' ppl how reviews are actually done shall we.... if only someone funded me a Nikon Coolpix camera now.... :( (KEEP WISHING KARAN :mad: DONT EVEN THINK ABT IT)

Regards,

Karan

PS: Nishant dear, I havent forgotten about my dues (of respect :p) to u. Pls hang in there.... I am coming..... fast, with the $$$

PS2: Thats the best picture i could manage out of my aging T610...... pls bear..... review will have savory pics, promise.

kya re, you think I am techboy kya? ofcourse i am gonna post all the Details....eVery think starting from the original windows xp cd key on the backside of the laptop :p yea right..... man i love this one, but its damn heavy.... three.8 kgs that too.... back breaker? no.... but easy to carry around? no again..... woops thats 2 'nos' in series.... hahaha.... 1 more thing though, i have never experienced Wifi nor got chance to experiment with it.... so i tried to do a computer-to-computer connection with his laptop.... did all the 6 steps in the windows help screen again and again, buT could not get it working :( can some good guy point me to some good tutorials.... : X

so what do u think about this model :p

Karan said:
kya re, you think I am techboy kya? ofcourse i am gonna post all the Details....eVery think starting from the original windows xp cd key on the backside of the laptop :p yea right..... man i love this one, but its damn heavy.... three.8 kgs that too.... back breaker? no.... but easy to carry around? no again..... woops thats 2 'nos' in series.... hahaha.... 1 more thing though, i have never experienced Wifi nor got chance to experiment with it.... so i tried to do a computer-to-computer connection with his laptop.... did all the 6 steps in the windows help screen again and again, buT could not get it working :( can some good guy point me to some good tutorials.... : X

Hmmmm... Only if you would provide us with the model number dawg...

BTW nice purchse... And the weight of the lappy will help you in loseing some weight :eek:hyeah:... Congrats :D...

Switch said:
Hmmmm... Only if you would provide us with the model number dawg...

BTW nice purchse... And the weight of the lappy will help you in loseing some weight :eek:hyeah:... Congrats :D...

i hv mentioned the model number b**ch.... read again :p

kya re, you think I am techboy kya? ofcourse i am gonna post all the Details....eVery think starting from the original windows xp cd key on the backside of the laptop yea right..... man i love this one, but its damn heavy.... three.8 kgs that too.... back breaker? no.... but easy to carry around? no again..... woops thats 2 'nos' in series.... hahaha.... 1 more thing though, i have never experienced Wifi nor got chance to experiment with it.... so i tried to do a computer-to-computer connection with his laptop.... did all the 6 steps in the windows help screen again and again, buT could not get it working can some good guy point me to some good tutorials.... : X

get it now? :p da vinci code nasha.... :D

well i believe in the old fasioned search and distroy rather than decrypt, and they arent many models that support widescreen, wifi, windows xp, weights 3.8 KG and are available in india, so it was pretty easy to google :p

Karan said:

congrats on the purchase re :hap2:

is this where i say "i told you so" ? :tongue:

so i tried to do a computer-to-computer connection with his laptop.... did all the 6 steps in the windows help screen again and again, buT could not get it working can some good guy point me to some good tutorials.... : X

- Go to the Network connections>Wireless on the machine connected to the Net

- Choose Wireless networks Tab>View wireless networks

- Click "Add">Assign SSID (network name) >Tick mark "this is a comp-comp (ad-hoc connection)

- Enable ICS on the host machine enabling ICS between the Internet connection NIC and the wireless NIC

Go to m/c 2, search for available wireless networks, connect, ennjoy!

If this doesn't work, there was a step-by-step guide I had posted long back, which could come in handy here

Oh, Congrats on the purchase BTW :hap2:

superczar said:
- Go to the Network connections>Wireless on the machine connected to the Net
- Choose Wireless networks Tab>View wireless networks
- Click "Add">Assign SSID (network name) >Tick mark "this is a comp-comp (ad-hoc connection)
- Enable ICS on the host machine enabling ICS between the Internet connection NIC and the wireless NIC

Go to m/c 2, search for available wireless networks, connect, ennjoy!

If this doesn't work, there was a step-by-step guide I had posted long back, which could come in handy here

Oh, Congrats on the purchase BTW :hap2:

thanks man.... i will try it out today....

i checked the prices of gr614 here... lame ass Rs 2800/- lol.... will get it from blore.... will also take the PCI card from RIO to make my Gaming Rig wireless :D i am being woooed by the modding capabilities of the Linksys routers.... awesome. anyone have those for sale? :p

Awesome lappy man.....post the review soon.

When r u coming to Bangalore....we bangalore guys can have a feast on ur lappy then.:)

Back