In a great dilemma about college, some HELP!!!

I would suggest go for MS/MBA after three years. I see no reason why some good college or the other won't take you if you have good academics thoughout, good GRE/CAT score(for IIMs), good extra curricular profile, good SOPs, one or more research papers to your credit and anything else which you think might boost your CV.

Also, what I meant was that GRE or GMAT is what must be there. You can't expect a guy with 600 to make it to Harvard, but a guy with a 780 can work on the work exp and other aspects to make him worth it. To some extent you can improve your score but to a greater part of it, it remains aptitude based.

More so with CAT. If he thinks he can crack 99.99%ile then there is no reason why IIM A won't take him if he is good overall otherwise as well, which he is. But if he ends up with a 98%ile then it is very difficult to reach the top(top means top 3 IIMs).

2190 is a decent score to get through. But how often have you seen people with sub 1800 scores getting through? There maybe a handful but not too many for sure. That is what I was trying to point out. With a high score if nothing else IIMs or ISB will take you which are very good as well. But if you can't manage even that then there is a problem.

Back