Android Incoming phone call ringtone issue

ashish

Adept
On my friends oneplus 7, on incoming calls, before the ringtone the default notification tone plays followed by the ringtone.
Friend ignored it all this while but now is pissed of how to turn off that annoying notification tone and how to have only the ringtone to ring on any incoming call.
We searched into phones sound settings but nothing we could think of to play with.

Phone is on stock rom and no issues with the phone.

Can some android expert help on this or someone who faced similar issues with his device.

I wasn't able to find anything concrete on google but someone on pixel also faced similar issue.

Is it on 5g? maybe you have turned off VoNR so, it tries to forward the call to 4g so that triggers a notification?

just a hunch and wild guess.

Is it on 5g? maybe you have turned off VoNR so, it tries to forward the call to 4g so that triggers a notification?

just a hunch and wild guess.
OnePlus 7 is a 4G Phone .

If using truecaller then its a normal issue I think.
If it is happening due to Truecaller then open the app info by pressing and holding on app by 3-4 seconds then go to notification settings > disable Ring and vibrate.

Let me know if that works.

I use Truecaller but I don't let it be default for anything.
I don't use its full screen caller ID thing. A classic pop-up based ID on top of my default calling app is fine for me.

I don't have such issue.

EDIT: Found the exact setting to disable. Open app and go to settings -> Calls -> (under Notifications) disable Call alert notifications.

Last edited:
I use Truecaller but I don't let it be default for anything.
I don't use its full screen caller ID thing. A classic pop-up based ID on top of my default calling app is fine for me.

I don't have such issue.
Which phone you have?
Try setting TC as default dialler and spam app and then check.

Which phone you have?
Try setting TC as default dialler and spam app and then check.
I know it'll happen if it's the default dialer. I don't use it as a dialer and don't want to.
Truecaller is intended as a caller identifier and spam app and I want to keep it that way.

Besides I've already provided the setting to disable the notification. It's a stupid feature and gives you a 1-2 second window to silence an upcoming call which you won't be able to use regardless unless the phone is already in your hands and you're using it for something.

Back