Incompetent Sony Service Center. Spoilt the phone instead of repairing it!

Sony ASS is provided by Accel Frontline here , there cannot be worse experience than visit to their service center. I bought a Sony smartwatch which was DOA, went to accel, found it shocking that such a big company has such service center where there is just 1 counter and NOT EVEN 1 FAN! even Spice has better service center here .

They said it is new service center blah blah. I took a token and waited , went at 2 and my token no was 21 . since the morning the idiots could just accept 11 phones till 2pm ! and my no took 5pm to come . Till the end they were able to just check 26 phones .

after my turn came i explained the issue and the n00b on the counter didnt even know how to operate the pc. after trying to generate a DOA receipt, she said error is coming and the system is not accepting serial number of the watch ( my fault ? its sony product and it should accept it ).
It was 6pm and he asked me to visit next day when he will get it sorted out.

Next day went there , no electricity in the office . Whole building except that stupid office had electricity ! Third day called the manager , said that it will take one more day . Fourth day , manager was not in office , i shouted on other guys he said will call when he comes . Fifth day, called him and he said come with watch . After this he gave me a DOA Rejected certificate saying it has been over 7 days since ur date of purchase ( i ordered from shopclues on 13th and i got it on 15th , gifted it to someone who opened it on 20th and found faulty , visited service center first on 22nd) .

I asked him to create normal RMA , their internet went down in office . Again same issues and after bashing him for 3 days he gave me DOA certificate which he got approved from senior officials .

Now i shipped the DOA letter to shopclues a week back who have still not shipped me replacement product .. :( a month already and still no product with me .

That's really sad and yes I do agree Sony Ericsson service centers have always been horrible. Anyway the good news is that Sony has started integrating service for Xperia phones in its own service centers where Bravia/Vaio/Cybershot/Handycam repairs are done. In a few cities Xperia service is already integrated with Sony service centers, by the next 2 years it should be expanded to most big cities.

^^ Sony's after sales service is just as lousy and their technicians just as incompetent. In fact every company is the same in India. There is rarely any point in their warranty. As far as electronics is concerned, the best after sales service is that of Corsair.

Back