User Guides Increasing Music Playback Volume in K750i/W800i

Hello guys, since a lot of users have been asking for a way to increase the music playback volume of the K750i/W800i , I'm posting this small guide.

You will require FarManager with SEFP Plugin to gain access to the phones internal file system ... you can follow the steps mentioned in my other guide upto step 14 to gain access to the file system.

Once in there you could browse to the " FS/ifs/settings/acoustic " folder. You will have two files here farfield_play.apf (which controls the music playback volume) and farfield_ring.apf (which controls the ring volume).

66470929ru0.jpg

I've attached both these files, present on different phones (W810, W800i and K750i) ... by default the ring volume is much higher for these phones compared to the music playback volume but at the expense of sound quality.

You can rename the farfield_ring.apf to farfield_play.apf and copy it to the folder so that the music playback volume is same as ring volume. You can try setting farfield_ring.apf from any of the phones that I've attached as per your preferences.

Here are the files ...

W810i

W800i

K750i

If you still want a louder volume you could use MP3Gain to increase the sound of the music files :)

Back