Indecision between Cowon C2, Sansa Clip+ (and IEMs)

Avythus

Recruit
Hi there!

I plan to buy a dedicated MP3 player, and have been searching for almost a month now. The choices eventually narrowed down to the Cowon C2 and the Sansa Clip+ (with the D2+ being a close competitor).

I currently own a Galaxy S II & iPod Touch, and pair them with my Klipsch S4i's, which offers quite a pleasant music experience. I'm not an audiophile but love music, and would like to step up a level and venture further.

It would be great if you could let me know whether the Sansa Clip+ or the Cowon C2 would be a better option over my current setup. Also, I would use the Sony MDR EX57 LP with the C2 (the S4i's didn't work with my friend's Cowon V5).

I listen to almost all genres of music. I'd like to keep the cost below INR 8,000. Size is a constraint, and I'm satisfied with what the Clip+ & C2 offer, and I don't really plan to run with them, maybe walk a few kilometers every day, but mostly for desk use.
Thanks!

P.S.: Please let me know if you need any more information to help me out :)

I was actually in a similar dilemma. Just today, I pulled the trigger and ordered Clip+ in Pristinenote Ebay Store.

If it is as good as people say, I might actually Buy another one.. Else, Will look forward to buy a C2 later...

you will not see much of a difference between ipod touch and clip+. unless you prefer a smaller mo3 player i wont recommend you clip+. save money and upgrade to a better iem first.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Better IEMs than the S4i? Hmm.. What ones would those be, within the same price range (INR 4,500)?
I'm thinking of getting compatible Comply foams if I can confirm that the S4i's work with the Cowon C2.
P.S.: How can I have this thread moved to the Audio Zone? :)

Back