India officially enters recession .

Under these COVID conditions, recession is quite common. Saving people is more necessary than the economy.
Poor economic performance of the current govt. was being raised much before china virus came along.
-Even after re-adjusting the base year to make the numbers look more favorable the best they managed was 4% (remember when it was 7-8% ?)
-Unemployment reached a 45 year high (not even the 2008 global financial crisis caused so much unemployment).
-They still don't say how much black money was recovered from demonetisation (remember that people died standing in line to access their own money).

Poor economic performance of the current govt. was being raised much before china virus came along.
-Even after re-adjusting the base year to make the numbers look more favorable the best they managed was 4% (remember when it was 7-8% ?)
-Unemployment reached a 45 year high (not even the 2008 global financial crisis caused so much unemployment).
-They still don't say how much black money was recovered from demonetisation (remember that people died standing in line to access their own money).
Demonitisation feels like a move 4 time backwards. A good amount of small shops and few restaurants permanently closed near my area due to it.
After that, with the covid other small businesses also went down. People including teachers lost their jobs.

Demonitisation feels like a move 4 time backwards. A good amount of small shops and few restaurants permanently closed near my area due to it.
After that, with the covid other small businesses also went down. People including teachers lost their jobs.

As expected, it was good for big business. See, stock market is all time high and the bull don't even know where it is going.

- During 2008 Large financial Institute got hit by that, but India's Micro Economy is intact because they didn't face any 'Master Strokes'. Once 2016 over then came July - Aug 2017 which brings Complicated GST filling which completely wipes out remaining MSME which able to survive the fast blow but now they got their own stroke (at heart). Early 2018 India first show the sign of her economic slowdown.

- Lots of Black Money Converted into Electoral Bond and other stuff, Post 2017 One Political Party suddenly got very very Rich - It reflects in the size of Zonal Party Office Building in the entire Hindi Belt, US is the largest Election spender in the world but in 2019 India cross that mark and become the highest in the world.

- Don't want to bring the sweet sweet timing of controversial Attack of Pulwama..... Local Police Station / Top Defence Administration pre-informed months of months ahead. Needless to say, every bit of it used for Election Campaign.

Man, I cannot ever think of limits where people can go on to express their disbelief. Most of the people say that that think about the country, but all that they think about is what the government is doing wrong. I have absolutely no interest in political debates, but I would rather vote of this government rather than the one who who has no idea of how to run a country. I would have opted for Manmohan Singh as my Prime Minister, even if he was run by an Italian remote, but is there any substitute to him in his political party?
People who tell these non-achievements of the government should also tell the solutions to this. You can tell who could be the Prime Minister of the country to deal with the issues. Why do you always have to tell the problems bro? Tell the solutions as well. Issue an RTI and you would get information on all that you need. As a responsible citizen, you are not entitled to just tell what went wrong. Make it right by all means. And if this government is incapable of doing anything, please tell which government can make it happen and who could be the Prime Minister of the country.

Choosing a prime minister is not the job of Indians.
Its the job of Parliament.
So, don't raise this stupid question.

You are telling others to become responsible and make things right.
Can you name someone who took votes by promising all the great things in future and is now willing to be responsible for all the stupid things happening under his rule?

And yes, comparison with past govts is the typical line of argument of BJP IT cell slaves.

. Issue an RTI and you would get information on all that you need.

Please go through the entire article.
As for your point that we have to provide solutions if we are to criticize the govt, is completely wrong. You are completely free to provide your solutions if you wish but there is no compulsion on me or anyone else to do so if we wish to criticize the govt for it's actions. You need to realize that these guys are chosen to run this country and it's their job to come up with the solutions and not ours. And if they can't do a good enough job then they should be held accountable for their actions. But that is a distant dream so at least don't take away our right to criticize them till then.

Man, I cannot ever think of limits where people can go on to express their disbelief. Most of the people say that that think about the country, but all that they think about is what the government is doing wrong. I have absolutely no interest in political debates, but I would rather vote of this government rather than the one who who has no idea of how to run a country. I would have opted for Manmohan Singh as my Prime Minister, even if he was run by an Italian remote, but is there any substitute to him in his political party?
There are many.. Sharad Pawar, Mamta Banerjee, Prithviraj Chauvan. You might say the former are not from GOP but they are all offshoots of Congress who could unite if circumstances demand.
People who tell these non-achievements of the government should also tell the solutions to this.
I thought representatives are elected to parliament so that they find solutions. But since you asked.
1. Improve employability by bringing National Skill Development Agency under govt control. There are many reports of poor performance due to conflict of interest.
2. Stop doing Hindu-Muslim to detract from real issues. Bury the past and look into the future.
3. Listen to your panel members. They are far more experienced in their domain. If you do politics in every field, the country will never progress.
4. Shock treatement is for your enemies, not your own people. HUMAN LIVES MATTER. Learn lessons from failures. Repeating same mistake again and again is not a sign of a leader.
Most of the problems are self made. Not consulting the opposition, bulldozing the laws, acts just because they have brute majority, rent seeking activity. Nobody asked them to do this.
You can tell who could be the Prime Minister of the country to deal with the issues. Why do you always have to tell the problems bro? Tell the solutions as well. Issue an RTI and you would get information on all that you need. As a responsible citizen, you are not entitled to just tell what went wrong.
And as a responsible citizen, I am telling the problems faced and since you have my vote based on the election manifesto, they are obliged to fulfill them with solutions. Your statement basically tells to agree whatever the govt does, good or bad. Then there is no difference between a donkey and the electors.

With power comes responsibility.. What the govt has showed that there is only power, no responsibility.

Last edited:
I cant remember where I read this. It was a lengthy article chronicling how India's current financial ruin was in the making since 90s. Some of the things I remember is that
1. India should have suffered in the 2008 market crash, but we were on some trade deal or something with China for a 5 year term starting 2004 or 05. So we kept getting that aid from them.
2. Mafia and Politicians are hand in glove, same goes for any other country. The specifics were the land mafia, sand mafia (lol) and one particular securities agency, the whole syndicate had a positive, unsustainable growth effect on the economy.
3. Since liberalization in the 90s, India systematically failed to implement drafted plans and increase its citizen's education levels. It is sighted as one of the major reasons for our current economic state. So much money went to infrastructure (thus point 2).
Some other commons things we know of are-
Political instability, thus risky for FDI
Less reliance on us for our cheap labor. Competition from Vietnam, etc.

Lastly, Modi is only to blame for what he did and not for the things that were set in motion decades ago.

sand mafia (lol)

I have coconut farms in coastal district of AP and sand , which is very mineral rich, is very valuable here and sand mafia earns crores each year through sale of sand. Govt has even implemented GPS enabled tractors to track sand taken from godavari river basic but what to do when each and every govt employee is in hand with gloves with sand mafia? It might sound silly but sand mafia earns crores each year illegally selling mineral rich sand

Back