India stands 115th in internet speed

India's poor internet connectivity - is a legend and only the Babus who rule us bear sole responsibility. As is usual- we suffer stoically. BTW low at 772 kbps! all one gets in Shimla is max of 250 kbps, at night- and as low as 33kbps days.

Meanwhile, on another parameter called attack traffic - a measure of rogue activity on the Internet, such as DNS attacks, bots, spam activity and hackers, India ranked 17th globally.

FTW !!!!!! :rofl:

A rating based on total data transferred by users in the respective nations would have been a better way to judge Internet speeds. Separate UL & DL stats would be even better.

Stuge said:
this is very good actually lol

Pakistan is much better in broadband than India ..haha

see the rates and speeds given by PTCL

Broadband Pakistan (DSL)

Thanks for the link. These Babus should be ashamed of themselves. That is the 1 thing Pakistan is doing correctly.

Rate of prosperity of nation is @ growth of internet. Agreed a state service provider has to cover such a huge nation, but we deserve something better.

1Mbps UL costs 2500 after taxes from airtel. Up speed still 256. Naabz. :mad:

Stuge said:
this is very good actually lol

Pakistan is much better in broadband than India ..haha

see the rates and speeds given by PTCL

Broadband Pakistan (DSL)

This is un-freaking believable. Seriously, how in the blue HELL, can Pakistan provide its people 1mbps unlimited at Rs.1k a month and India can't?

Man, sometimes I really feel sorry for the state of thing in India. **** this shit. This is embarrassing. We should be at least double or triple Pakistan's offerings.

i am very pissed off with my connection ..... they have the capacity to provide ..

Internet company just want to make money...they know that customer have other option .. taking advantage:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys u know how poor pakistan is compared to india :rofl:(its like comparing china with india:bleh: ) ,yet look @ the rates their :mad:.I think i am gonna kill myself Fuc##$* airtel @#$*&@ charging me Rs1700 for 512 UL connection .
A couple of hundred bucks more i could have 4 times that speed in Pakistan.
BTW our Rupee is stronger than Pakis so it should cost me even less:no: :ashamed: :rofl: :( :S :bomb: :crazeyes: :crazy: :annoyed: :blushing: :bangin: :fear:

seconldy we should keep in thing in mind that

Rs 1 INR = Rs 1.61 PKR

So ,that Rs 1199 PKR package is just Rs 750 in India .This is what really freaks me out .

Terribly Cong govt is pulling us back :(

Corporate greed is what is pulling us back.....and it is the same that took us into the spiralling inflation which added to the slowdown woes too..... have a look at a movie called "the corporation"....it'll give u a clue (sorry for being OT....)

Talking about internet in India, one can only switch to BSNL and feel a bit better (too bad they don't serve metros :( )

Back